Surveying services provided under the contract will support RTA initiatives aimed at rehabilitating facilities and updating infrastructure to ultimately become the preferred mode of transportation in the Cleveland Area.
Elyria, Ohio – April 23, 2015 – KS Associates, Inc., a civil engineering and surveying firm located in Elyria, Ohio, has been selected by Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) to provide On-Call Surveying Services under a $200,000 task-order-based contract (Phase 4). The 24-month contract commenced in April 2015. Surveying services provided under the contract will support RTA initiatives aimed at rehabilitating facilities and updating infrastructure to ultimately become the preferred mode of transportation in the Cleveland Area.
KS Associates was awarded the prior On-Call Surveying Contract in 2013 (Phase 3). Under this contract, the KS Survey Group completed numerous surveying, 3D laser scanning, and mapping assignments in support of RTA projects including:
• Airport Tunnel Project – Surveyed portions of the RTA Red Line beneath Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Required fast-tracked, nighttime, and weekend work to minimize disruption to transit operations;
• Trunk Line Cab Signaling Project – Utilized 3D laser scanning to document existing utilities along the Blue-Green Line for the design and installation of new cables and signals;
• Shaker Boulevard Retaining Wall Project – Utilized 3D laser scanning to survey and map 14,000 feet of brick retaining walls in need of repair along Shaker Boulevard;
• Hayden Bus Garage Project – Performed a topographic survey for improvements to this outdoor bus storage site;
• Redline Greenway Trail Project – Surveyed and mapped areas along the GCRTA Red Line from Franklin Avenue to E. 41st Street to assist RTA in planning a multipurpose trail on RTA property.
These Task Orders, along with several other surveying assignments throughout RTA’s regional service area, give KS Associates an extensive knowledge and understanding of the transportation agency’s infrastructure, operations, and personnel. According to Lynn S. Miggins, P.E., President of KS Associates, “The 2015 contract allows us to capitalize on the traction we have gained with RTA. This momentum allows us to approach new assignments with in-depth insight and to continue to provide expeditious, responsive services.”
About KS Associates:
KS Associates is a civil engineering and land surveying firm founded in 1987. The firm provides planning, design, bidding and construction phase services related to public infrastructure projects in the areas of transportation, potable water, waste water and storm water; site development engineering services for institutional, commercial and residential uses; land surveying and mapping services; and 3D laser scanning services. KS Associates is a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE). For more information visit: http://www.ksassociates.com.
RTA serves nearly 50 million passengers each year throughout Cuyahoga County, across 59 municipalities and 457 square miles. With a dedicated fleet of buses, trains, Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), Trolleys, and Paratransit vehicles, RTA’s mission is to provide safe, reliable, clean, and courteous public transportation. Check http://www.riderta.com for timetables, schedules, and route information or call the RTAnswerline at (216) 621-9500.