Colorado – January 31, 2013 – Merrick & Company (www.merrick.com) has been awarded several new contracts including:
Merrick Nuclear Services & Technology will be continuing its work on the design of unconfined process units for US Department of Energy’s (DOE) proposed uranium processing facility at Y-12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, TN. Merrick will also be providing design support for a glovebox installation at Los Alamos National Lab, NM and the new Spent Fuel Handling Facility to be located at the Naval Reactor Facility, Idaho Falls, ID.
Merrick National Security was awarded a professional services contract by K.M. Ng & Associates for a second phase of an arc flash study at the White Sands Missile Range, NM for the US Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District. Merrick will also be providing design-build services for the “A” wing annex addition for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) office complex in Raleigh, NC.
Merrick Energy has been awarded a task order to debottleneck the crude oil distillation tower for Big West Oil.
Merrick Private Development implements sustainable design principles for several new contracts including:
• Peyton-Whitesides Property: Rezoning and preliminary infrastructure planning services for Lennar, 200-acre, 410-lot development in Lancaster County, SC.
• Blume Property: Land planning, rezoning, due diligence, and preliminary engineering services for MI Homes, 225-acre, 325-lot, single-family development located in Harrisburg, NC.
• Poplar Tent Road Property: Master planning, land entitlement, and subdivision construction document services for MI Homes, 150-acre, 309-lot development in Concord, NC.
• Stowe: Master planning and preliminary infrastructure analysis for N.W. Holdings on the 600-acre property located on the north side of Lake Wylie in Belmont, NC.
• White Road Property: Master planning, preliminary infrastructure, and rezoning services for Lennar on a 540-acre property in Fort Mill, SC.
McLaughlin Whitewater Design Group, a division of Merrick & Company, was retained by Iowa City for work on the Burlington Street Dam modification, Iowa River Restoration, and River Park project. Scope includes design of a whitewater course around an existing low-head dam on the Iowa River. The project is located adjacent to the University of Iowa and will be the only large recreational whitewater project integrated into a large college campus. The project also includes hazard reduction to the dam, fish, and interpretive elements relating to the rich literary history of the city.
Merrick Geospatial has been awarded a contract to collect and process airborne light detection and ranging (LiDAR) data for an area covering 2,900 square miles in Oklahoma for the US Department of Agriculture National Resource Conservation Service. Merrick, in conjunction with Metro Geospatial Inc., will also be supporting transmission right-of-way base mapping for Georgia Power, which includes the development of a bare earth model and digital ortho imagery for an existing 700-mile line.
More news about Merrick & Company is located at The Merrick NEWSROOM.