Colorado – October 18, 2012 – Merrick & Company (www.merrick.com) has been awarded several new contracts including:
Merrick Infrastructure is continuing support of an on-going project for the Uptown Columbus Economic Development Commission in Columbus, GA. As the largest whitewater project completed in the region, it includes removal of two historic dams from the Chattahoochee River, aquatic habitat restoration, and a world-class urban whitewater venue.
Merrick Life Sciences has been awarded several new projects including:
• Weill Cornell Medical College for ABSL3 validation services at the Belfer Research Building, NYC
• University of Georgia for design services to improve the effluent decontamination system at the Animal Health Research Center facilities, Athens, GA
• United States Department of Agriculture – Agricultural Research Service for design and construction administration services at the Fort Detrick Building 374 Phase 2, Beltsville, MD
• Contract modification with HOK for the Consolidated Animal Health and Food Safety Lab for MEP and FP services at UC Davis, Tulare, CA.
• SF Banting for Cx services in Ottawa, Canada
• Department of Homeland Security with Summer Consulting for the Plum Island Waste Water Thermal Decontamination System upgrade
Merrick Nuclear Services & Technology was awarded a follow-on contract by Shine Medical Technologies, LLC for preliminary design and NRC license application support for a MO-99 Medical Isotope Production Facility in WI.
Merrick National Security was awarded a contract by the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Fort Worth District for HVAC study and upgrades of the Fort Hood Building 1001 in Killeen, TX. Merrick will be analyzing the existing HVAC system, making recommendations on how to increase energy efficiency and green design. Merrick was also awarded the steam distribution study at Marshall Space Flight Center on the Redstone Arsenal near Huntsville, AL.
Merrick Geospatial has been issued the first task order by Western Area Power Administration (Loveland, CO) as part of a five-year indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract. Work includes transmission line mapping, clearance assessment, and line rating verification for 2,200 linear miles in the Upper Great Plains Region.
More news about Merrick & Company is located at The Merrick NEWSROOM.