Tampa, Fla. – Upholding its position as a professional service and engineering leader in the Sunshine State, Wade Trim has recently secured several new high-profile contracts for projects throughout Florida. As a leading water/wastewater, utilities, transportation, civil engineering and planning firm, Wade Trim will soon begin work on the following:
• Utility Conveyance Systems Upgrades and Expansions Program for the City of Cocoa. As a regional utility, Cocoa covers the majority of the utility service area in central and northern Brevard County, Florida. This three year project will include various water main, force main, gravity sewer and lift station projects in Cocoa, from the design phase to the construction phase. Contract value: $1,000,000
• Comprehensive Plan for Sumter County. Wade Trim was selected to prepare an overall rewrite of the County’s comprehensive plan, which will provide a blueprint for the development of Sumter County through 2035. The contract includes the unification of the individual plans for the cities of Center Hill and Webster into the County’s greater comprehensive plan, as well as a strong intergovernmental coordination component that will promote strong economic development throughout the County and its cities. The anticipated final adoption of the plan is late 2012 or early 2013. Contract value: $48,500
• Design-Build Criteria Consultant and Owner’s Representative and Construction Manager for Islamorada, Village of Islands. As Islamorada’s Design-Build Criteria Consultant and Owner’s Representative and Construction Manager, Wade Trim has procured and currently oversees a Design-Build Operate (DBO) to implement the Village’s $120 million wastewater management plan. Islamorada is state-mandated to construct a wastewater collection and conveyance system by the end of 2015 to eliminate septic tanks. Contract value: $10,000,000
• General engineering services for the Florida Governmental Utility Authority (FGUA). Wade Trim was hired to provide professional engineering services in the area of water resources to the FGUA utilities. FGUA purchases, operates and maintains utilities throughout Florida, working closely with host governments where the utilities are located. Wade Trim has been serving the FGUA with water and wastewater related treatment, collection and conveyance projects since 2004. Contract value: $1,000,000.
• Waterfront Park Master Plan Update for the City of Port Richey. Preparing the original master plan for Port Richey’s Waterfront Park more than ten years ago, Wade Trim will now update the plan to reflect current needs and include revisions to further enhance the recreational opportunities within the park. Contract value: $30,000
• General engineering services for Hillsborough County’s Public Utilities Department and Water Resource Services Division. Wade Trim was awarded a continuing services contract for miscellaneous professional engineering services for electrical and instrumentation engineering, design and construction support services. This is a two year contract with one optional two year extension. Contract value: $250,000
• Continuing Planning Service Consultant for Hillsborough County. To assist Hillsborough County in the implementation of community plans, economic development, and updates and revisions to the County’s land development regulations, Wade Trim was selected as one of the County’s five new continuing planning service consultants. Contract value: $600,000
“We are pleased to announce these new business opportunities, and proud that our firm has enjoyed continued growth throughout the year,” said Wade Trim Chief Business Development Officer Tom Brzezinski. “New opportunities like these are the result of our talented team, superior reputation and a heightened emphasis on client service.”
While many engineering and planning firms have “centralized” their teams by closing offices and downsizing operations, Wade Trim has added locations in Florida and throughout the Midwest to better serve clients. Since 2005, Wade Trim has expanded from one Florida location to four, while lowering the company’s overhead to nearly 10 percent below its corporate goal. These positive operational steps propelled Wade Trim to a 25 percent increase in 2011 sales over the previous year.
About Wade Trim
Established in 1926, Wade Trim provides water/wastewater engineering, civil engineering, landscape architecture, urban planning, and transportation services to governmental and private development clients. The company has been ranked by CE Magazine as one of the top design firms in the country.