Livermore, Calif. – February 3, 2011 – Bryan Gillette, a human resource (HR) executive with more than 20 years of experience at various companies, has been named HR vice president for Topcon America Corporation with responsibilities for Topcon Positioning Systems headquartered in California and Topcon Medical Services, headquartered in New Jersey.
His previous experience includes directing HR efforts in areas of learning and development, mergers and acquisitions, communications, HR operations and business partner strategy.
He will work out of the company’s Livermore, California headquarters and will report to David Mudrick, president and CEO of Topcon America Corporation.
Mudrick said, “The vast experience that Bryan brings to the Topcon organization will allow our company to ascend to the next level of providing exemplary programs, individualized service and internal communications to our most valuable asset … our employees.
“The diversity of positions Bryan has held in the workplace will be invaluable to Topcon, now and in the future.”
Gillette said, “I have been impressed with the people at Topcon and the cutting edge products it has delivered to its customers and look forward to being part of such an impressive team.”
Gillette has BA degrees in communications and organizational behavior and an MBA degree in business administration.
After beginning his professional career in training and development for Franklin Resources, Inc., in California in 1991, his professional history included holding the following positions:
• Manager, training and development, Probusiness, a privately held company in payroll software;
• Director (Learning and Development, and Communication), EMC / Documentum, a public company in the computer software industry;
• Director (Leadership/Employee Development and Communications), Kyphon, Inc., a public company in the medical devices industry;
• Senior HR director, McAfee, a global company in computer and network security; and
• President/Founder, Bridge of Opportunity, a non-profit organization providing college scholarships to foster children.
He also served as an adjunct professor at California State University in Hayward (HR training and development).
About Topcon Positioning Systems
Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc. (TPS) designs and manufactures precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. TPS’ parent company, Topcon Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange – 7732), was founded in 1932.