Orlando, FL – PBS&J has been reselected as one of two general consultants to help deliver the $5 billion, 5-year work program for Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE). The contract to be shared by the two consultants is for five years with funding for the first year expected to be $27,600,000 for the program. The firm of HNTB was selected as the other consultant on the contract.
Having served as FTE’s general consultant since 1988, PBS&J has supported the agency in offering quality transportation services to the motorists traveling throughout the state of Florida and providing leadership in the transportation industry.
“PBS&J is pleased and honored to have served as FTE’s general consultant in the past and is very proud of the many accomplishments of the FTE/PBS&J team,” stated Max D. Crumit, PE, PBS&J executive vice president and national service director for transportation. Crumit is also principal-in-charge for the contract. “We look forward to continuing this legacy as well as the exciting period of change ahead of us.”
With the PBS&J reselection, Program Director Kevin Hoeflich, PE, a veteran transportation professional with more than 20 years of engineering and management experience, who has worked on the FTE general consultant contract for nearly 15 years, will lead a team of consultant employees assigned to the headquarters of FTE. The general consultant services relate to production management, toll services, and bonding requirements. In addition to PBS&J employees, the team PBS&J proposed for the new contract consists of the following subconsultants:
• Brindley Pieters & Associates, Inc., Altamonte Springs
• Faller, Davis & Associates, Inc., Tampa
• Montgomery Consulting Group, Inc., Winter Park
• Origin Technologies Group
• Robert Poole (of the Reason Foundation), Plantation
• Shearer Consulting, Inc., Orlando
• TLC Engineering for Architecture, Orlando
• Trauner Consulting Services, Inc., Orlando
• Accurate Traffic Counts, Inc., Oviedo
• Antillian Engineering Associates, Inc., Orlando
• Building Code Administrative Services, Inc., Tallahassee
• EPIC Engineering and Consulting Group, LLC, Orlando
• Inner Soul Interior Design, PA, Miami
• M. Cordero & Associates, Lakeland
• Moffatt & Nichol, Orlando
• RCC Consultants, Inc., Tallahassee
• Technology Assurance Labs, Orlando
About Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise
With 460 miles of beautifully maintained safe toll highways, Florida’s Turnpike system includes the Mainline from Miami to Central Florida, as well as the Homestead Extension, the Sawgrass Expressway, the Seminole Expressway, the Beachline Expressway, the Southern Connector Extension of the Central Florida GreeneWay, Veterans Expressway, the Suncoast Parkway, and the Polk Parkway. On average, 1.8 million motorists use Florida’s Turnpike each day.
PBS&J (www.pbsj.com) is an employee-owned firm that provides infrastructure planning, engineering, construction management, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients. The firm is ranked by Engineering News-Record as 25th among the nation’s top consulting firms. PBS&J has 4,000 employees in more than 80 offices located throughout the United States and abroad. PBS&J has nearly 500 employees in central Florida.