Western Latitudes is pleased to announce the appointment of Harry Otani as Canadian Regional Manager. Harry comes to Western Latitudes with over 20 years of experience in the Survey and GPS Industry. A graduate of the University of Toronto with a BASc in Civil Engineering, Harry joined PENTAX Canada Inc. in 1985 where he was instrumental in establishing the Survey Division in Canada. As Manager of Geodesy, he was responsible for the sales and marketing of PENTAX Survey and GPS equipment for the Canadian market. We welcome Harry to the Western Latitudes team.
Harry Otani’s bio:
• Born in Kyoto, Japan, and moved to Toronto in 1969.
• Graduated from University of Toronto in 1983 with BASc in Civil Engineering. Knowledge of basic surveying acquired during this period.
• Joined Pentax Canada Inc. in May of 1985 as a sales coordinator in the photo and the newly formed survey division.
• Promoted to the position of Product Manager for survey division in 1987.
• Have served as manager, sales & marketing, for survey division until October 2007.
• Also served as manager, GPS, from 1997 to 2000.
• In the past, have exhibited and participated in numerous regional land surveyors meetings, GIS shows, and construction shows.
• Extensive experience in the operation of optical and electronic survey instruments as well as GPS.