Maysville, Kentucky, U.S.A. — The latest version of Carlson Software’s industry-leading field software, SurvPC 7, is now available.
The new release, boasting numerous improvements to existing features and many completely new capabilities, brings greater efficiency, enhanced data visibility, and a smoother user experience to land surveyors, engineers, and construction and GIS professionals.
“SurvPC 7 is a major update that puts more power in the hands of people working on site,” said Sarah Winter, Director of Carlson’s Field Software Programming Division. “It’s really a big step forward in field software, done without sacrificing the familiar efficient look and structure our users know.”
The new version comes loaded with new functionality, from the advanced averaging features that help users improve their GPS solutions and satisfy stringent survey requirements for GPS-collected data, to better reports, least squares adjustment in the field, and Esri ArcGIS capabilities. Completely new modules have been introduced for utilizing BIM files in the field, monitoring, and tunneling.
The advances in SurvPC 7 take advantage of the processing power of Windows 10 or 11. Carlson SurvCE, which runs on the discontinued Windows CE mobile platform, will continue to be supported, but will not receive major updates past version 6. SurvCE users will have the ability to crossgrade to SurvPC on compatible hardware.
A full list of compatible instrument drivers can be found at survpc.com/supportedHardware.
SurvPC 7 is available in more than two dozen languages including English, Spanish, German, French, French (Canadian), Russian, Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, Greek, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Swedish, Latvian, and more.
New features in SurvPC 7 include:
- SurvNet least squares adjustment in the field
- BIM Support for viewing and 2D/3D staking (IFC and RVT)
- Esri ArcGIS Online integration
- Enhanced graphical averaging with full data visibility
- Customizable report generation with field email option
- Catenary survey for robotic total station
- Auto refreshing reference drawings
- Total station monitoring
- Advances in road staking to support BIM and DTM models with real time sectioning
- Fully customizable user hot list
For a full list of new features, you can view a product brochure here, an overview presentation here or the release notes here.
Those seeking training on SurvPC 7, along with Carlson’s other hardware and software solutions, should consider our upcoming 40th anniversary user conference, May 2-4 in our hometown of Maysville, KY. More information on the conference is available here.
Upgrading to SurvPC 7 is easy, simply upgrade in four steps:
- Confirm SurvPC 7 supports your Data Collector by visiting our Supported Hardware List. If your data collector is not supported, consider upgrading your Hardware to Carlson’s RT4 rugged tablet data collector
- Upgrade Online by providing your current SurvPC serial number or contact your Carlson Software Representative or Certified Dealer
- Download the installation from carlsonsw.com
- Install the new version and register SurvPC 7
Contact your Carlson Software Representative or Certified Dealer for SurvPC sales assistance.
Founded in 1983, Carlson Software Inc. specializes in CAD design software, field data collection, laser measurement and machine control products for the civil engineering, surveying, GIS, construction, and mining industries worldwide, providing one-source technology solutions for the entire project cycle. Carlson Software is headquartered in Maysville, Ky., U.S.A., with branch offices in Boston, Mass.; Almere, The Netherlands; Melbourne, Australia; Ottawa, Canada; and York, England.