NGS sponsored the recently published Manual of Practice No.152 from the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Surveying and Geomatics Engineering: Principles, Technologies, and Applications. This manual provides a comprehensive overview on the modern practice of surveying engineering.
The manual includes chapters on:
- Fundamentals of geodesy
- Coordinate systems and transformations
- Geographic and building information systems
- Least squares adjustments and error propagation
- Modern surveying and remote sensing technology
- Establishment of survey control and other best practices
Also included are numerous references that can serve as a helpful resource for finding details on the field of surveying engineering.
Order a copy of the Manual:
Attend the upcoming ASCE Surveying & Geomatics National Conference: https://www.surveyingconference.org/
More information on the Surveying & Geomatics Division of the Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute of ASCE: