CGA invites thought leaders to share their damage prevention success stories and set the agenda for the next decade of damage prevention in Anaheim, Calif., in April
Washington (Oct. 26, 2021) – Common Ground Alliance (CGA), the stakeholder-driven organization dedicated to protecting underground utility lines, people who dig near them and their communities, announced that the Call for Proposals for the 2022 CGA Conference & Expo is open now through Friday, Nov. 12. CGA is seeking session proposals from industry professionals and subject matter experts to help facilitate thoughtful discussions and formulate concrete actions that the industry can implement to dramatically reduce damages to underground utilities.
The 2022 CGA Conference & Expo, set to take place April 4-8, 2022 in Anaheim, Calif., is the damage prevention industry’s premier event, bringing together the foremost experts and decision-makers for a week of focused collaboration and innovation designed to Continue the Conversation addressing the industry’s most persistent challenges that began at its recent 2021 Conference & Expo in Orlando, Fla. Educational and action-oriented programming will engage stakeholders in thoughtful roundtable discussions, focused presentations, interactive breakout sessions and networking events. Presenting at the 2022 CGA Conference & Expo provides damage prevention professionals an opportunity to have their voice be a pivotal part of the future of damage prevention.
CGA invites industry experts to propose the following types of sessions that will be featured as educational programming at the 2022 CGA Conference & Expo:
- Outcome Focused Presentations (typically 45 minutes): These sessions are opportunities to share topics of interest, lessons learned and case studies that have impacted damage prevention. Presenters are typically individuals and often provide ways to actively engage the audience. (Maximum four presenters.
- Moderated Debate/Roundtable Discussions (typically 60 minutes): This format is intended to showcase a variety of perspectives and insights about a specific topic. The moderator is responsible for facilitating the discussion while encouraging audience questions and contributions and framing in a manner that will help attendees apply lessons learned.
- Power Panels (typically 60 minutes): Discussions about a specific topic amongst a selected group of panelists who share differing perspectives on a clearly defined topic. These groups of experts will build on their co-presenter’s narrative offering thought-provoking insight and encouraging audience interaction.
- The CGA Engage Stage: Where complex industry challenges intersect with innovative industry solutions! This format will showcase the most forward-thinking damage prevention partners addressing challenges brought forth by the CGA membership via the CGA Engage platform. Bringing the exhibit floor to life, exhibitors will have the opportunity to provide case-studies, cutting-edge technology solutions and proven data via this moderated forum.
CGA members are eager to engage on a number of current topics at the upcoming conference, including:
- Enforcement, exemptions and other safe digging law impacts
- Facilitated discussions on the future of damage prevention
- Excavator and locator outreach and engagement strategies
- Novel public awareness case studies
- Successful efforts to educate policy-makers
- Best practices in crisis communications
“As CGA focuses on increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the U.S. damage prevention process, the 2022 CGA Conference & Expo is dedicated to addressing the industry’s most pressing challenges head-on,” said Sarah K. Magruder Lyle, president and CEO of CGA. “Cross-industry expertise and insight will be crucial to confronting these issues together in order to meet our goal of zero damages to underground utilities. CGA welcomes innovative, outcome-driven proposals from leading experts to facilitate thoughtful discussions and problem-solving at the 2022 CGA Conference & Expo.”
Those interested in participating in the damage prevention discussion may submit outcome-oriented, results-forward session proposals using this application through Nov. 12, 2021.
CGA is a member-driven association of nearly than 1,800 individuals, organizations and sponsors in every facet of the underground utility industry. Established in 2000, CGA is committed to saving lives and preventing damage to North American underground infrastructure by promoting effective damage prevention practices. CGA has established itself as the preeminent source of damage prevention data and information in an effort to reduce damages to underground facilities in North America through shared responsibility among all stakeholders. For more information, visit CGA on the web at http://www.commongroundalliance.com.
About the CGA Conference & Expo
The CGA Conference & Expo is the damage prevention industry’s official annual gathering of executives, managers and board-level attendees committed to reducing damages to underground utilities to zero. Designed to bring true decision-makers and leaders in the industry together to focus on innovative problem-solving, the CGA Conference & Expo incorporates intensive, high-level educational and collaborative content with a carefully curated expo floor and exclusive networking opportunities for an experience that cannot be found elsewhere. The 2022 CGA Conference & Expo will be held April 4-8 in Anaheim, Calif. Visit www.cgaconference.com for more information.