The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Coast Guard Navigation Center (NAVCEN) will host the 59th meeting of the Civil Global Positioning System Service Interface Committee (CGSIC), Sept. 16-17, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Miami in Miami, FL. CGSIC meetings are free and open to the public.
DOT serves as the civil lead for the GPS and chairs the CGSIC in this capacity. NAVCEN is assigned duties as deputy chair and executive secretariat for the CGSIC.
Subcommittees of the CGSIC for Timing, International Information, and Survey, Mapping, and Geosciences will hold meetings September 16, and a summary of these meetings will be presented to the CGSIC plenary session September 17.
The keynote speaker for this year’s plenary session will be Ms. Diana Furchtgott-Roth, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology, U.S. Department of Transportation.
Presentations this year include:
- Naval Research Laboratory Time and Frequency Activities
- Commercialization & Corporatization of GNSS Service Providers
- Activities of the UN International Committee on Global Navigation Satellite Systems
- GPS Constellation Status and Performance
- The GNSS Space Service Volume: Expanding the Future of GNSS Navigation in Space
The full agenda is available at https://www.gps.gov/cgsic/meetings/2019/. CGSIC presentations will be posted online shortly after the meeting ends.