Huntsville, AL – GeoCue Group (via its wholly owned AirGon subsidiary) has completed the integration of the new DJI Phantom 4 Pro RTK (P4R) into our widely used AirGon Sensor Processing Suite (ASPSuite). ASPSuite is used at hundreds of customer sites as the post-processing solution for our wildly successful Loki direct geopositioning system for DJI and other manufacturer’s drones.
ASPSuite enables integration of the P4R with third party L1/L2 GNSS base stations such as systems from Septentrio, Leica, Trimble, Tersus, TopCon, CHC and others in a high accuracy Post-Process Kinematic (PPK) workflow.
In addition to performing Post-Processed Kinematic (PPK) processing, ASPSuite includes support for options often required in engineering grade surveys such as:
- Vertical transforms (e.g. ellipsoid to country-specific geoids)
- Creation of and transformation between collection datums and local coordinate systems (“site calibration”)
Application of antenna static and dynamic lever arm corrections
- Full support for Loki direct geopositioning systems
Currently, the DJI D-RTK-2 base station (optionally available) for the P4R can only be used in RTK mode and then only if it is being sited on a known location. The D-RTK-2 does not allow access to an observation file, preventing it from being stationed using an online positioning service such as OPUS, AUSPOS, Canadian Geodetic Survey services and so forth. An additional consideration in our integration into ASPSuite was that professional surveyors already have a survey kit that they need incorporated into this workflow.
GeoCue is offering camera calibration services for the P4R for those customers who wish to do minimal or control-free high accuracy mapping projects (the DJI “calibration” is not a rigorous photogrammetric calibration). In a recent test of a GeoCue-calibrated P4R using an OPUS positioned base station and PPK processing with ASPSuite, we achieved about 4 cm horizontal and 5 cm vertical network accuracy (RMSE) with no ground control points. While not quite as accurate as a Loki solution, these results are remarkable for a low-cost drone.
GeoCue, as an authorized DJI Enterprise Dealer, offers several bundles to satisfy the needs of the survey community:
- ASPSuite + the Phantom 4 Pro RTK drone – This kit includes camera calibration. It enables a full photogrammetric workflow in PPK mode using the customer’s L1/L2 base station. This is the highest accuracy method of performing drone surveying.
- ASPSuite only – This is for customers who have a survey-grade L1/L2 base station, already own the P4R drone and now need a proper surveying workflow. This offer includes camera calibration (customer pays to/from shipping to GeoCue for their P4R).
- ASPSuite + Survey Grade L1/L2 Static Base Station + Phantom 4 Pro RTK drone – This is for customers who are entering the drone mapping business but do not currently own a base station. This option includes camera calibration.
- ASPSuite + Survey Grade Base/Rover kit + Phantom 4 Pro RTK drone – This is for customers who need the ability to collect check points or to add ground control points as well as use the base for the network tie for the P4R. This option includes camera calibration.
All options include online training and one year of customer support.
In addition to the above, GeoCue offers a full range of data processing software, cloud-hosted data management, consulting and training services for drone mapping workflows.
We have partnered with hundreds of engineering, mining and industrial firms as well as government agencies, providing high accuracy drone mapping solutions. When accuracy and reliability matter, customers select GeoCue.
For additional information and system quotations, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-256-461-8289.
About GeoCue Group
GeoCue Group was founded in 2003 by a group of engineers with extensive experience in developing hardware and software solutions for primary remote-sensed data acquisition. Our initial products were aimed at reducing schedule and cost risk in geospatial production workflows by providing organizational, productivity and data management tools for base geospatial data production. These tools have been realized as the GeoCue product family. Today GeoCue workflow management tools are used by a majority of North American geospatial production shops. In 2005, GeoCue began selling and supporting Terrasolid tools for kinematic LIDAR data production. This was followed in 2009 by our acquisition of QCoherent Software LLC, the creator of the point cloud exploitation toolset, LP360. Today GeoCue is the largest supplier of kinematic LIDAR processing tools in North America and LP360 is the world’s most widely used tool for exploiting point cloud data in an ArcGIS® environment. In 2014, GeoCue Group founded AirGon, a division focused on using small Unmanned Aerial Systems for high accuracy mapping. Leveraging our expertise in production risk reduction and point cloud processing tools, we are continuing to bring new services and products to market to provide surveyors and other geomatics professionals exciting tools for geospatial data extraction using low cost drones, including Loki our plug-and-play PPK direct positioning system. To learn more, visit www.geocue.com.