The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Coast Guard Navigation Center (NAVCEN) will host the 58th meeting of the Civil Global Positioning System Service Interface Committee (CGSIC), Sept. 24-25, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Miami in Miami, FL. CGSIC meetings are free and open to the public.
DOT serves as the civil lead for the GPS and chairs the CGSIC in this capacity. NAVCEN is assigned duties as deputy chair and executive secretariat for the CGSIC.
Subcommittees of the CGSIC for Timing, International Information, and Survey, Mapping, and Geosciences will hold meetings September 24, and a summary of these meetings will be presented to the CGSIC plenary session September 25.
The keynote speaker for this year’s plenary session will be Major General John Shaw, Deputy Commander, Air Force Space Command.
Presentations this year include:
- Operational status and modernization of the GPS constellation of satellites
- U.S. Space-Based Position, Navigation and Timing policy
- Information related to U.S. engagement with other international Global Navigation Satellite Systems as well as a variety of applications of the use of GPS
- Countering GNSS Interference
- STEM Education Based on GPS
The full agenda is available at https://www.gps.gov/cgsic/meetings/2018/. CGSIC presentations will be posted online shortly after the meeting ends.