SureColor T3170 and T5170 Offer Speed, Precision and Reliability in Ultra-Sleek, Compact Design for Engineering and Architecture Communities
San Diego, Calif. (ESRI, Epson Booth #127) – July 10, 2018 – Epson today announced two new high-speed, easy-to-use wide-format SureColor® T-Series plotters – the Epson SureColor T3170 24-inch desktop printer and the SureColor T5170 36-inch floor-standing printer. Marking Epson’s expansion of the T-Series product line to the low-to-mid-range CAD printer market, the new wireless printers feature an all-new clean and compact design coupled with the reliable printing performance inherent in Epson’s technical printer solutions. Whether printing blueprints, line drawings, signage, or classroom posters the SureColor T3170 and SureColor T5170 benefit professionals and workgroups across a range of segments including architecture, engineering, CAD, GIS, education, corporate, home and small office settings.
“The SureColor T3170 and T5170 are designed specifically for innovators – engineers, designers and architects – looking for a compact printer that is worthy of being displayed in their environment,” said Matt Kochanowski, product manager, professional imaging, Epson America, Inc. “Leveraging Epson’s latest technology to deliver class leading print performance, the new printers also feature a new footprint that enhances today’s workspaces and allows users to wirelessly produce accurate and vibrant prints from tablets and smartphones virtually anywhere.”
Leveraging Epson’s new PrecisionCore® MicroTFP® printhead technology and enhanced Nozzle Verification Technology to automatically detect and adjust nozzle condition, the new printers offer breakthrough print speeds producing accurate A1/D-size prints in 34 seconds1, precise detail and commercial-grade reliability. Featuring Integrated wireless and Wi-Fi Direct® connectivity2, architects and designers can seamlessly print from tablets and smartphones3 or use the new 4.3” LCD color touchscreen with simple and intuitive menu control and navigation. Next-generation high-capacity UltraChrome® XD2 pigment inks deliver durable vibrant prints with brilliant color and crisp lines.
More about the SureColor T-Series Printers
The Epson SureColor T3170 24-inch desktop printer and the SureColor T5170 36-inch floor-standing printer deliver a range of features designed to help industry professionals increase productivity, including:
• Breakthrough Print Speeds – The SC-T3170 and T5170 produce accurate A1/D-size prints in 34 and 31 seconds1, respectively
• Easy to Operate – A large, intuitive 4.3-inch LCD color touchscreen simplifies print tasks
• Compact/Clean Design – Ultra small footprint4 and sleek, minimal design enhances workspace
• Replace Ink Less Often – High-capacity cartridges, up to 50 mL color and 80 mL Black
• Print from Virtually Anywhere in the Office – Integrated wireless and Wi-Fi Direct® connectivity2 allow for easy printing print from tablets, smartphones and more3
• High Performance – PrecisionCore® MicroTFP printhead offers Precision Droplet Control for outstanding clarity, and commercial-grade reliability with Nozzle Verification Technology
• Durable, Vibrant Prints – Next-generation UltraChrome XD2 archival pigment ink technology produces brilliant color and crisp lines
• Versatile Media Handling – Accommodates rolls up to 24- and 36-inches and sheets up to 11" x 17" through the Auto Sheet Feeder
• Precise/Sharp Detail – Print blueprints, line drawings, posters, and more up to 2400 dpi
• Easy Set Up – Get up and running out of the box in as quickly as 30 minutes
Support and Availability
The SureColor T3170 (MSRP $995) and T5170 (MSRP $2,395) will be available in September 2018 and offer a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty. The Epson SureColor T-Series printers are designed to work exclusively with Epson UltraChrome XD2 ink*. For more information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
*This product uses only genuine Epson-brand cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly.
1 Print speeds are based on the print engine speed only. Total throughput time for any print depends on workstation configuration, file size, print resolution, ink coverage, networking, etc. Actual print speeds will vary.
2 Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Wi-Fi Direct may require printer software.
3 Most features require an Internet connection to the printer, as well as an Internet- and/or email-enabled device. For a list of Epson Connect™ enabled printers and compatible devices and apps, visit www.epson.com/connect
4 Product size excluding stand.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, watches and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 76,000 employees in 87 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts. Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).