August 1, 2017 – Reston, VA – MAPPS, the national association of private sector geospatial firms, today announced that ten individuals have been recognized with Presidential Awards for their significant contributions to the association and the geospatial profession for 2017.
Upon the conclusion of her 2-year term as MAPPS President, Susan Marlow of Stantec, Nashville, TN, recognized the following Presidential Award recipients:
• Jim Van Rens, Riegl USA, Orlando, FL, for his efforts on 3DEP, including the publication of an e-book promoting the program;
• Bob Hanson, Michael Baker International, Harrisburg, PA, for his service as MAPPS Treasurer;
• Mike Tully, Aerial Services, Inc., Cedar Falls, IA, for his work as the Chairman of MAPPS Program Committee, including contributions to the Emerging Leaders program;
• Marvin Miller, MRG GEO, Zimmerman, MN, for his assistance with the Emerging Leaders program and as Chairman of the Nominations Committee;
• Rich Serby, GeoSearch, Inc., Colorado Springs, CO, for his work on development and implementation of the Emerging Leaders program;
• Jeff Lovin, Woolpert, Inc., Dayton, OH, for his leadership on 3DEP, as well as Chairman of the MAPPS PAC and as USGS Liaison;
• Pam Nobles, Diversified Design & Drafting Services, Inc. (3DS), Tallahassee, FL, for her efforts as the MAPPS representative to the NCEES Future of Surveying Task Force; and
• Chris Ogier, Michael Baker International, Norcross, GA, for his work as Secretary of the MAPPS Board of Directors and Chairman of the MAPPS Legislative Affairs Committee;
• Steve Douty, Green Forest Surveys, Buena Vista, VA, for his efforts on surveying and geospatial workforce development; and
• George Southard, Trimble, Florence, AZ, for his service as the first Associate Member representative on the MAPPS Board of Directors, along with his more-than 20 years of active participation and dedication to MAPPS and the geospatial community.
"These individuals stand out for their exemplary service to our association and profession. I’m grateful for their outstanding service to MAPPS over the past year," Ms. Marlow said.
Formed in 1982, MAPPS is the only national association exclusively comprised of private firms in the remote sensing, spatial data and geographic information systems field in the United States. The MAPPS membership spans the entire spectrum of the geospatial community, including Member Firms engaged in satellite and airborne remote sensing, surveying, photogrammetry, aerial photography, LIDAR, hydrography, bathymetry, charting, aerial and satellite image processing, GPS, and GIS data collection and conversion services. MAPPS also includes Associate Member Firms, which are companies that provide hardware, software, products and services to the geospatial profession in the United States and other firms from around the world. Independent Consultant Members are sole proprietors engaged in consulting in or to the geospatial profession, or provides a consulting service of interest to the geospatial profession. MAPPS provides its member firms opportunities for networking and developing business-to-business relationships, information sharing, education, public policy advocacy, market growth, and professional development and image enhancement. For more information on MAPPS, please visit www.MAPPS.org.