Centennial, Colorado, 27 June 2017 – CompassCom Software will unveil Version 7.1 of its industry leading mobile resource management (MRM) solution at the 2017 Esri User Conference. CompassTrac Enterprise, which enables Esri users to fully leverage their ArcGIS investment with real-time asset tracking, provides improved safety, efficiency and accountability for personnel and assets.
“CompassTrac Enterprise 7.1 is the most flexible Esri-based mobile resource management software on the market,” said CompassCom CEO W. Brant Howard. “It allows users to fully configure the software to their workflows for greater operational productivity.”
CompassCom will demonstrate Version 7.1 in booth 2218 at the Esri User Conference exhibit hall July 11-13 in San Diego, Calif. At the conference, the City of Yellowknife, Canada, will present its use of CompassTrac and Esri GeoEvent Processor solution to let citizens view bus locations in real-time on an online Esri map display.
CompassTrac Enterprise is an on-premise platform that receives location and status data from any GPS-equipped vehicle, hand-held device or high-value asset and serves that information in real-time to a digital map app. Deployed extensively by public works, public safety, DOT, utility, and local government agencies to manage and dispatch fleets and field personnel, the CompassCom MRM solution integrates with the Esri environment, giving users access to full ArcGIS functionality in the map display.
The new Version 7.1 offers numerous advancements that will improve overall operations, including the following:
• Bring Your Own Device – Smart phones, in-vehicle telematic devices, and IoT sensors support saves money on device purchases and wireless plans. The downloadable CompassTracker app lets CompassTrac Enterprise track the iOS, Android or Windows smart phones that workers already carry.
• User Configurable Reporting – Organizations can configure the Enterprise solution to automatically compile and deliver custom reports on asset performance over a specific period, giving managers better insights into cost and operation metrics.
• User-Specific Dashboard – The asset tracking dashboard is customizable so that organizations can view and monitor key performance indicators that are most important to their workflows. For instance, the dashboard can display the number of miles specific snowplow traveled with their plows down or spreaders active. This makes it easier for managers to assess efficiency of individual assets or entire fleets.
• Open API for Third-Party Integration – CompassTrac Enterprise integrates with ArcGIS, GeoEvent Server, Cityworks and other Esri-based systems to display real-time asset location and status information within their workflows, allowing users to view assets live in the digital mapping environment they use every day.
“CompassTrac Enterprise presents mobile resource information in the GIS environment and gives managers the details they need to make better decisions regarding the operations of their assets and personnel,” said Howard.
Other important upgrades in Version 7.1 include:
• Enhanced support for Motorola Astro and MOTOTRBO handsets and in-vehicle radio devices
• Support for eight of the leading snow spreader controller manufacturers to empower analytics for winter maintenance activities
• Scheduled reporting
• Enhanced vehicle diagnostics
• Improved real time alerting
CompassCom has been at the forefront of the Automatic Vehicle Location and MRM industry since 1994, providing enterprise-level fleet management solutions using the Esri ArcGIS platform. Originally designed for tracking the locations and status of vehicles, the CompassTrac® app and CompassLDE® server products are now used to monitor smartphones, private mobile radios such as Motorola and any mobile assets equipped with GPS telematics. CompassCom mobile resource management solutions are used across North America by local governments, public safety agencies, public works departments, DOT and other organizations managing vehicle fleets and mobile field crews.
For more information, visit www.compasscom.com or call 800-787-0651 or 1-303-680-3311.