July 8th, 2016 – VirtualGrid announces the availability of VRMesh v9.2, the latest version of its powerful 3D point cloud and mesh processing software. VRMesh v9.2 adds a new function which automatically traces curb edges and fits curbs seamlessly on a surface mesh. Furthermore, in this version, point cloud classification is able to classify point clouds not only acquired from airborne, terrestrial, or mobile laser scanners, but also generated from UAV images.
This new release provides a complete workflow solution for transportation and urban design users, including automatic point cloud classification and feature extraction tools, accurate surface generation tools, and powerful curb fitting tools. It greatly shortens the time for road design and makes reality computing much easier.
The key features added in version 9.2 include:
• Classify Points from Photos command to classify point clouds generated from photos
• Fit Curb command to automatically trace curb edges and fit curbs on a surface mesh
• Create Spline Patch command to create a spline surface from two parallel curves
• Seam Patch command to join a patch into a target object seamlessly
• Indexing native file formats from Faro, Reigl, and Z+F scanners: *.fls, *.rdbx, and *.zfs
To celebrate the new release, VRMesh offers a limited-time discount – save 20% on all product options. Meanwhile, VRMesh has created a lite version of VRMesh Survey for users who need the classification functions only. For more details, please visit our website: www.vrmesh.com
VirtualGrid is the developer of VRMesh, an advanced 3D point cloud and mesh processing software tool. We focus on LiDAR remote sensing, reverse engineering, and rapid prototyping industries.