Maysville, Kentucky, U.S.A — The newest version of Carlson Software’s popular in-the-field land surveying software – Carlson SurvCE 5.0 for data collectors and Carlson SurvPC 5.0 for ruggedized tablets and laptops – has just been released.
Featuring many new additions and improvements, Carlson SurvCE 5.0 focuses on speed and power with a new memory allocator, which empowers users to do more, faster.
Newest instrument drivers added for Total Stations and GPS receivers include: full support for the WEC7 update on the Carlson Surveyor2, Carlson’s CR+, Geomax’s Zoom35 Pro, Zoom90, and Zipp20 total stations, and data collector support for the Stonex S4, Foif F55/F52, Daishin DS3, and Hemisphere XF3. Ten new models of GNSS drivers include those from CHC, Champion, EFT, Geomax, Hi-Target, Sokkia, Spectra Precision, and South.
“SurvCE 5.0 is incorporating new emerging technologies like IMU support, while still providing its renowned friendly user environment,” says Jesus Latova, SurvCE product director. “Simplicity and safety are our main focus in developing these new features, together with continuing the extensive instrument support capacity of SurvCE.”
SurvCE 5.0 is available in more than two dozen languages. These include: English, Spanish, German, French, French (Canadian), Russian, Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, simplified Chinese, Korean, Greek, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Swedish, Latvian and more.
Carlson SurvCE 5.0 has the option for one tap coding in the field and allows users to pre-configure and switch between rod-heights and targets using the new easy-select target feature. Increased productivity with 5.0 includes easy registration on your smartphone with notification updates and total station setup from a previous job that can be restored in the setup screen.
Other top new features include:
• “One Touch” points feature selection;
• Graphical Stakeout Interface;
• Easy-select target feature;
• New GNSS antenna library;
• Improved memory management
• Edit Centerline
• GPS-Search improvements for motorized Total Stations;
• Extended Point-List
• Add curves and spirals by fitting the existing PIs in the existing Edit Centerline function;
• GNSS Mission Planning supported on all Windows Mobile and PC versions;
• Support for Carlson office geoids in binary format;
• Tilted pole measurement support on select devices allowing adjustment of the final position to account for tilt;
• Powerful grid-scan feature;
• GPS-Search for motorized total stations improved for a more accurate target matching and speed optimization;
• Support for e-level on additional receivers, this including an auto-store by level new feature; and,
• Support for KML export of lines
As it has since its founding in 1983, Carlson provides excellent, free, and prompt technical support, which adds to the many reasons to upgrade to SurvCE 5.0. The Carlson Surveyor, Surveyor+, Surveyor2, MINI2 data collectors and the CR2, CR5, CR2+ or CR5+ total stations have been developed to work smoothly and efficiently with Carlson SurvCE. All can be found at dealers near you. For more information, call Carlson at 606-564-5028, 800 -989-5028, or, in Europe, +31 36 750 1781, or visit www.carlsonsw.com.