Abstract Submission Deadline is September 1 for 16th Annual Conference & Exhibition
July 27, 2015 (Portland, Maine) – SPAR Point Group, organizer of International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF), has announced a Call for Papers for the 2016 event which will take place in Denver, Colorado, USA, February 22-24, 2016. The Call for Papers invites any interested parties to submit abstracts by the deadline of September 1, 2015 using the online submission form.
Papers in the following topical areas are encouraged:
- Data acquisition – Airborne, Terrestrial and Bathymetric LIDAR
- Applications/Integration of LiDAR, photogrammetry, survey data and dense image matching
- UAV/UAS developments & applications with a particular focus on precision measurement collection
- LIDAR point clouds & large data sets
- Data fusion and processing technologies
- Engineering collaboration systems and cloud-hosted data management
- Developments in point data classification and GIS modeling
- Trends and new technology development
- Mobile mapping and survey
- Industry issues
- Recent project examples
The ILMF Advisory Board will review each abstract and the final program will be announced in November.
The success of ILMF 2015, which saw more than 800 professional attendees from 27 countries, has proven that LiDAR, in its increasing variety of operational formats, either alone or when complementing other technologies, is becoming a critically important technology for fast, accurate and quality geospatial data acquisition. Whether supporting highly detailed 3D urban mapping projects, forestry management, or railroad and power transmission line maintenance programs, LiDAR technology delivers the results needed by today’s demanding geospatial and mapping professionals.
About International LiDAR Mapping Forum
The International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF) is a technical conference and exhibition focused on data acquisition, fusion, processing and point clouds for airborne, terrestrial and underwater LiDAR used to support transport, urban modeling, coast zone mapping, utility asset management and more. For more information, visit www.lidarmap.org/International.
About SPAR Point Group
SPAR Point Group organizes conferences and provides news and information for professionals involved in 3D imaging technologies. Content– delivered in-person and online– gives practitioners tools and information to make better business decisions. SPAR Point Group is globally recognized for providing platform-neutral 3D technology conferences. SPAR Point Group is wholly-owned by Diversified Communications.