Utlizing the Newest Technology to Enable Dynamic Design
Maysville, Kentucky, U.S.A (March 11, 2015) – Just released, Carlson’s revolutionary Precision 3D Design-Culverts software is an easy-to-use program for designing stormwater-related systems.
Much more than just a visualization tool, the software utilizes the newest technologies to allow drag and drop options for strategically placing pipes and culverts and for selecting headwalls and endwalls from an ever-growing list of manufacturers. It enables the sizing of culverts and delineation of drainage areas, plus tracking of runoff from surface models.
“You can place and also easily move culverts and headwalls to new locations with full dtm restoration,” says Bruce Carlson, president of Carlson Software. “Engineers will get instant feedback to changes to their on-screen design.”
Once a digital terrain model from CAD, Google Earth, or other source is imported, the on-screen image accurately reflects the materials represented, such as roadways, embankments, rocks, fields, etc.
Other innovations in the software include the ability to:
• Grade surfaces for both upstream and downstream designs;
• Delineate drainage and ponding areas;
• Determine peak flow automatically from CN and C factors and terrain;
• Size culverts and place at low points;
• Choose from multiple barrel options;
• Output PDF reports for any selected culvert pipes having flow and headwater across multiple storm events; and
• Use for retention pond design and pond dewatering.
Carlson Precision 3D Design-Culverts is made to integrate easily into Carlson engineering software, Carlson Civil and Carlson Hydrology. It is also made to work with AutoCAD® and MicroStation® software applications.
For more information about Carlson Precision 3D Design, visit www.carlsonsw.com or call 800-989-5028 to find a Carlson representative near you.