Technology is Available for Licensing by Manufacturers Seeking to Build Ultra-Compact Multi-Purpose Imaging Systems with Advanced Capabilities
Houston — Visual Intelligence has been granted a patent for its imaging technology by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in recognition of the company’s array-based imaging system. To support the adoption of this technology in industries where it has compelling applications, Visual Intelligence has also initiated a licensing program for manufacturers seeking miniaturized imaging technology that provides ultra-high resolution and multi-sensor functionality previously only available in large, expensive imaging systems.
This array imaging technology has groundbreaking applications in a variety of devices and industries by enabling collection and functional scalability that yields, along with largest field of view thru the smallest aperture, important advancements in high dynamic range (HDR), metric long range depth maps and super resolution implementations that are now stagnant with traditional monolithic small-aperture imaging technology.
“This patented technology has revolutionary applications in smart phones, tablet computers, cars, unmanned vehicles systems, robotics and many other products—making it possible to have advanced imaging capabilities that could only be achieved in the past with bulky, expensive systems that are poorly suited for those applications. Our technology expands the imaging capabilities of all of these products, allowing them to do things never before possible,” said Visual Intelligence President and CEO Dr. Armando Guevara.
Guevara added: “The first applications outside the geospatial domain of our technology is now being implemented in ophthalmology by BroadSpot Imaging Corporation. Next we expect to see uses in smartphones to enable a powerful multi-function imaging system with features such as infrared, night vision, ultra-high resolution, engineering-grade metric imaging, image fusion—all through a very small aperture and with a form factor that uses very little real estate in the device. The social imaging consumer is becoming more sophisticated and will quickly appreciate, beyond the happy snaps and pretty pictures, the value of mobile and handheld metric image fusion.”
Visual Intelligence’s patented system has numerous groundbreaking applications:
• Smart phones with futuristic capabilities like those described above, which opens the door for a new wave of innovation by mobile device companies
• Cars and trucks with smarter and more sophisticated displays and safety systems powered by small, inexpensive sensors that can provide a variety of measurable data types and video with a wider field of view
• UAVs that are equipped with high-quality multi-purpose engineering quality (metric) imaging systems that were previously too bulky and expensive to deploy on aerial vehicles of this size and weight
• Next-generation tablets and phones designed for commercial use that give workers a single device that replaces a variety of expensive and unwieldy technical equipment that is difficult to transport in the field applicable to metric interior and exterior mobile/handheld mapping
• Physical security applications that utilize miniaturized portable sensors, including wearable technology for police and soldiers with largest field of view, allowing the user to see much more
Some of the key capabilities of Visual Intelligence’s patented technology for these applications include:
• Ultra-high resolution by overlapping images in an angular linear array configuration
• True metric imaging capabilities that produce engineering-quality images that can be used for highly accurate measurement and analysis
• Retinal array design that enables multiple co-mounted cameras and different types of sensors to utilize a single small aperture, providing a larger field of view than traditional single-purpose imaging technology
• Integrated software that allows multiple cameras and sensors to operate as a single unit to produce fused imagery that yields additional useful data not available from a single source
• Small form factor and minimal weight, enables advanced imaging technology to be deployed in locations and on devices never before possible
About Visual Intelligence
Founded in Houston, Texas in 2003, Visual Intelligence® LP is an industry-leading software and sensor technology company that delivers world-class geoimaging solutions for airborne, terrestrial and mobile applications. The company has a rich history of industry innovations, numerous patents, the USGS Digital Aerial Sensor Type Certification, and the 2013 Geospatial Forum World Technology Innovation in Sensors Award. In 2014, the company’s iOne® SRK™ (Sensor Reconfiguration Kit) claimed the overall Grand Award and Technology Innovation award in the MAPPS Geospatial Product and Services Excellence competition for providing a flexible and affordable platform for larger and faster data collection, automated processing workflows and highly-accurate 3-D visualization data. For more information, please visit www.visualintelligenceinc.com.