kubit announces new product releases and functionality:
kubit develops software for surveying and as-built documentation with a specialty in Autodesk based plug-ins along with stand-alone applications for laser scanning. For more than 15 years kubit has focused on solutions for existing conditions in various fields including plant design, heritage and BIM.
The kubit team began to provide insight into their new programs and functionalities this week during the Spar International 2014 conference in Colorado Springs. As expected, all new products are compatible to Autodesk 2015. The release names (version 15) will now match the Autodesk release year.
kubit will host a series of webinars to introduce these products beginning May 13th through June 4th. Official product release dates are set for 5/26/2014.
Click here for a full list of product feature enhancements
Click here for a list of upcoming webinar events.
· The all new “kubit MySuite” allows customers to essentially mix and match any of kubit’s software offerings on to a single license with significant savings.
· VirtuSurv for Revit now allows designers to use scan data within the Revit Family Editor. This is a first for the laser scanning market. VS for Revit also supports extraction of arc walls
· PointSense Plant provides new tie-in point extraction, structural type/size recognition and faster piping design with smarter, more enhanced catalogs.
· PointSense Heritage and kubit PhoToPlan customers will benefit from a new Recap Photo utility directly in CAD for quick image calibration.
· PointSense Building users can now restrict floor plan line extraction to fixed angles to meet project design specifications.
· All PointSense users will benefit from new planar, cylindrical and conical analysis tools as well as improved polygonal line extraction.
kubit announces new product release with suite options:
This morning the kubit team announced product release dates along with an upcoming webinar series to showcase their laser scanning software portfolio, now compatible to Autodesk 2015 products. For more than 15 years kubit has developed Autodesk based software for as-built documentation including many industry specific tools for laser scanning in the fields of plant design, heritage, building documentation and more. Product releases are set for 5/26/2014 and those interested can begin signing up for a series of webinars held between May 13th and June 4th. The information below details some of the enhancements kubit users can expect to see within new product releases.
Click here for Webinar Dates and Details: http://www.kubitusa.com/spar/
Key Product Enhancements for Laserscanning:
Customize with kubit MySuite:
Besides a number of impressive enhancements to current products, the kubit team will now provide completely custom product suites to customers. The all new "kubit MySuite" allows customers to essentially mix and match any of kubit’s traditional surveying, laser scanning and photogrammetry products into a single solution. Clients needing tools in various industry solutions can now save by combining multiple products into one piece of software.
Innovative, Unique Feature: Scan Data Usage in the Revit Family Editor
VirtuSurv for Revit 15 will, for the first time ever, allow designers to work with native scan data directly within the Revit Family Editor. Why is this important? The information provided by Revit’s standard family components, which are often unusable for the documentation of existing buildings, can now be replaced with the help of data generated by scan data. The creation of custom as-built objects is now much easier with scan data viewable directly within the Family Editor. VirtuSurv will also allow users to send construction points and model lines from high resolution image views directly to the family editor.
Additional VirtuSurv (VS) for Revit Improvements:
· VS now supports the modeling of arc shaped wall patterns
· VS project coordinates can now be used to define a shared coordinate system in Revit.
PointSense Plant: Automated Structural Type Detection, New Tie-in Point Routine, Smarter Catalogs and much more
PointSense Plant significantly optimizes Industrial facility design from point clouds in AutoCAD. Users can expect an extensive list of improvements in the new release including:
· Smarter, faster and more extensive catalogs for piping design from scan data.
· Structural beam extraction now automatically detects correct size and type for users with two clicks.
· Tie-in Point Extraction: Users looking to avoid modeling can now extract key tie-in points with simple, consistent and accurate methods for extracting flange locations.
· SDNF Export: Allows users to export structural components for use in products such as Revit or AVEVA
· Deformation Analysis Tools: Users will notice improved support for tank/cylindrical analysis along with all new cone analysis tools capable of creating a variety of complex solid models and detailed reports.
Improvements to PointSense Building:
· Users can now extract traditional 2D line work with fixed angles (90°, 45°, 22.5° or 30°) to meet project specifications.
· Cylindrical analysis is now available for evaluation of columns or arched walls
PointSense Heritage: New Recap Photo 360 Link
· PointSense Heritage now provides a direct link to Recap Photo 360 giving users fast, automated image calibration in AutoCAD along with a lower resolution point cloud. Traditional photogrammetry design as well as combining photogrammetry with laser scanning has never been easier.
· Users are also given the aforementioned tools for improved cylindrical and conical analysis
Additional Enhancements for PointSense Users:
· Planar Analysis: Allow users to analyze surface flatness o
r generate a variety of deliverables such as complex ground/wall models, extracting points along a grid and generating deformation reports.
· Improved Polygon Extraction: Improvements to kubit’s already existing line extraction routines now allow for more complex polygonal extractions with much less user input
Other Product enhancements:
PhoToPlan: Now with Recap Photo Import
kubit’s PhoToPlan offers an easy way to create measurements, plans and models from photographs all within the native AutoCAD environment. kubit offers PhoToPlan at various levels of functionality. The latest versions of PhoToPlan Pro and Ultimate now allow for the use of data via "structure from motion" (SFM) thanks to the direct link with Autodesk Recap 360. With the new Recap Photo import options, users benefit from a fast, automated tool for image calibration. Historically, this is the most pain staking part of the photogrammetry process. The new tool virtually eliminates this step.
TachyCAD 15 Ready:
kubit’s software for direct total station measurement to CAD will be ready for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2015. The product now includes new fixed wall angle options for users wishing to restrict as-built conditions to design specifications.
In addition, users will find a much improved user interface for the creation of staircases as well as better integration with Trimble total stations (electronic level directly in TachyCAD).
Find the teaser videos of the new kubit programs and functionalities below:
§ Portfolio-Teaser Laserscanning:
§ PointSense Building Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9c3jMYhz-Y
§ PointSense Heritage Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MSmn5UUZq0
§ PointSense Plant Video:
§ VirtuSurv Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJsaHP-JBI
§ VirtuSurv with Revit Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QaqWdNiMdM
§ PhoToPlan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWbOBJg9jYE
§ TachyCAD Gebäudeaufmaß:
Download images of new program functionalities & hardware here:
The press release is published on our US news page we well: