Leading Aerial Firm First to Deploy Industry’s Fastest, Most Accurate and Economical Oblique/3D Sensor
Houston – December 3, 2013 – Houston-based Visual Intelligence announced today that Sanborn Map Company’s extensive evaluation of Visual Intelligence’s iOne n-Oblique Sensor System Solution for oblique and 3D imaging has resulted in a purchase. Sanborn is the first customer to deploy this new and innovative aerial digital camera system, the industry’s fastest, most stable, accurate, and economical sensor for oblique and 3D applications. Sanborn will deploy the iOne n-Oblique for 3D mapping contracts it holds with its worldwide customer base.
“The Visual Intelligence team has brought to market highest image quality, metric accuracy and production-level performance at an unprecedented price,” says Visual Intelligence President and CEO Dr. Armando Guevara. “The iOne n-Oblique can collect more area in one swath and ¾ pixel absolute accuracy at equal or lower cost than any other oblique sensor on the market today. Given that Sanborn is a market leader in providing innovative spatial solutions to its customers, we are extremely pleased that Sanborn’s testing has further validated the iOne n-Oblique capabilities.”
“The iOne n-Oblique offers a great value in the oblique camera market,” says John Copple, Sanborn President and CEO. “Our clients have the highest expectations of image accuracy and quality, so we’re always looking for a technology edge in sensors and the iOne n-Oblique met our requirements.”
Using the power of the iOne Software Sensor Toolkit Architecture (iOne STKA™), the 2013 Geospatial Forum award-winning Technology Innovation of the Year in Sensors, the iOne n-Oblique offers a number of technical advantages and improved return on investment to aerial data providers of all sizes:
• Can be flown higher and faster than any competing oblique aerial digital camera in the market
• Delivers performance that is equivalent or superior to other competing oblique aerial digital cameras at a significantly lower price
• Can be flown with or without a gyro stabilizing mount (GSM) and is designed to integrate with any Flight Management process
• Can be flown with or without a camera operator
• Configuration produces 360° 4-sided building views ideal for 3D processing and viewing
• Captures 2” Nadir resolution at 2,500 feet and 1.25” resolution at 1,500 feet
• Comes with a fully-automatic workflow readily ingestible by major photogrammetric suites and GIS systems
• Can be reconfigured in the field to a large format collection camera (iOne Stereo) using the iOne Sensor Reconfiguration Kit into a 247 MP pixel frame stereo collection sensor
• Leverages its open-systems architecture for fully automated imagery and point cloud ingestion by third-party 3D tools
• Optionally includes a high performance computing processor enabling one-to-one collection to processing days or better for fast turnaround production
About Visual Intelligence
Founded in Houston, Texas in 2003, Visual Intelligence LP is an industry- leading software and sensor technology company that delivers world-class geoimaging solutions for airborne, terrestrial and mobile applications. The company has a rich history of industry innovations, numerous Patents, and the World Geospatial Forum Sensor Technology Innovation 2013 Award. Using the iOne™ Software Sensor Tool Kit Architecture, the company delivers to the geospatial marketplace the iOne™ family of Sensor System Solutions — the most economical, highest performance, most reliable, modular and scalable family of oblique/3D and engineering mapping multipurpose geoimaging sensors. They include automated 2D/3D software workflows for high speed actionable information product generation. For more information, please visit www.visualintell.com.
Sanborn is a preeminent leader in the exploding geospatial industry, delivering state-of-the-art aerial mapping solutions to customers worldwide. Using cutting-edge technology, Sanborn specializes in high-quality aerial and mobile LiDAR, aerial orthophotography, 3D modeling and visualization, oblique aerial imagery and software development. The firm currently operates a fleet of 14 aircraft across the United States. Sanborn’s technology advantage, innovative image processing expertise, a local presence nationwide and project management proficiency deliver unmatched value to its global customers. Learn more at www.sanborn.com.