Livermore, Calif. – January 9, 2013 – The Topcon Group announces updates to the MAGNET suite of productivity software products through new versions of MAGNET Field and MAGNET Office – v1.2.
MAGNET Enterprise is a cloud service that connects the Field and Office products and provides a web-based interface to company data. MAGNET Field is software that runs on field controllers and onboard total stations, and MAGNET Office is a stand-alone office software for processing and modeling. MAGNET makes it possible for real-time collaboration between project manager, field crews, office personnel, engineers, or consultants.
Updates to MAGNET Enterprise include:
• Launched MAGNET Relay™ mobile base RTK broadcasting service (subscription required). • Added tool tips for key icons and buttons.
• Multiple improvements to Asset Manager.
Updates to MAGNET Field include:
• Quick codes.
• Text from AutoCAD™ DWG files is now an option to import for viewing on the map.
• Now users can export GPS and TS raw data to user-defined formats using the new custom export formatter.
• 3D Viewer.
• SiteLink 3D connections now supported.
• Simulation now available in all routines.
• More Calculate (COGO) routines.
• View options in map for Background Drawings and Surfaces.
Updates to MAGNET Office include:
• Tools – Import DWG for 64 Bit Systems now supported.
• Tools – Processing option to Assist Import from Internet has been added.
• Topo – Added an option to create points at tick intersections from AutoCAD® drawings.
• Topo – Added annotations settings for 2 point arcs.
• Site – Added new option to create vectors from PDF files. Supports PDF files containing vectors and raster data.
• Site – Added option to Trace PDF vector data.
• Site – Added option to Trace Raster data.
• Site – Added option to Elevate polylines during PDF trace.
• Site – Added option to Scale PDF data.
• Site – Added SiteLink 3D interface and support.
More information on MAGNET is available at www.magnet-tour.com and www.magnet-enterprise.com
About The Topcon Group
The Topcon Group designs and manufactures precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. Its positioning product brands include Topcon, Sokkia, Gowin, and Magnet. Topcon Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange – 7732), was founded in 1932.