10th Annual Conference on End-to-End 3D Names 19 Members
December 18, 2012 (Portland, Maine) – SPAR Point Group announced today the appointment of 19 members to the SPAR International 2013 Advisory Board. "We are thrilled to have such knowledgeable and experienced 3D professionals on our Advisory Board," said Lisa Murray, SPAR Point Group Director. "We will work closely with them on programming and session development, including presenter ideas and recruitment." SPAR International takes place April 15-18, 2013 at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The SPAR International Advisory Board is grouped to match the conference’s six tracks: New Technologies, Civil Infrastructure, Industrial Facilities, Building & Architecture, Forensics & Security and Digital Historic Preservation. "Our Advisory Board members are top drivers of 3D innovation in their respective fields," said Ms. Murray. "Because they are using the technology every day, they understand first-hand the needs, challenges and wishes of users and will help us infuse these pressing issues into all aspects of the conference programming." She added that many of the members will be presenting themselves. In addition, some will moderate panel discussions, facilitate roundtable conversations, and/or assist with live demonstrations.
SPAR International’s 2013 Advisory Board members are:
• Track Chair: Michael Raphael, CEO, Direct Dimensions & Technical Presentation Coordinator, CMSC (Coordinate Metrology Society)
• David Boardman, CEO, URC Ventures
• Jody Lounsbury, Section Manager – 3D Laser Scanning, CHA
• Track Chair: Rob Dingess, President and CEO, GTMA (Geospatial Transportation Mapping Association)
• Dave Henderson, Director, Topcon
• Eric Andelin, CP, GISP, Geospatial Business Development, Surveying and Mapping, Inc. (SAM, Inc.)
• Mike Falk, President & CEO, FALK PLI Engineering & Surveying
• Dave Lafferty, Chief Technology Office, Information Technology & Services, BP
• Tim Lemmon, Market Manager Oil, Chemical and Gas Division, Trimble
• Matthew S. Craig, Business Development Manager – North America, LFM Software Limited
Building & Architecture
• Track Chair: Birgitta Foster, Assisting Director, building SMART alliance
• John Russo, President & CEO, Architectural Resource Consultants & President, USIBD (U.S. Institute of Building Documentation)
• Carlos Velazquez, President, Epic Scan
Forensics & Security
• Track Chair: Eugene Liscio, President, IAFSM (International Association of Forensic & Security Metrology) & President, AI2-3D
• Chris M. Zmijewski, Vice President, Haag 3D
• Sarah Davis, Treasurer and Chair of Outreach Commitee for IAFSM
Digital Historic Preservation
• Track Chair: Liz Lee, Director of Operations, CyArk
• Bernie Frischer, Professor, University of Virginia & President, Leading Digital Archaeologist, Frischer Consulting
• Lorie Collins, Director of Research, University of South Florida
About SPAR International
SPAR International Conference on End-to-End 3D brings together professionals from around the world to discover the latest advances and technologies in 3D data capture, processing and delivery. SPAR International targets asset owners, engineers, technology developers and other professionals to present and discuss the latest tools and techniques for using 3D technologies to drive efficiency, improve workflows, reduce project timelines, improve safety and mitigate risk. The conference takes place April 15-18 2013 at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado. For more information and to register, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com/International.
About SPAR Point Group
SPAR Point Group organizes conferences and provides news and information for professionals involved in 3D imaging technologies. Content- delivered in-person and online- gives practitioners tools and information to make better business decisions. SPAR Point Group is wholly-owned by Diversified Business Communications. For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com and www.divbusiness.com.