November 20, 2012, Oregon, USA – CMTINC.COM announces the release of the Partition – Distance – Area software for use on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. This app provides functions to digitize an area and divide it into the desired subareas. A farmer might use it to draw parallel plots of equal size to plant various crops. A land developer might use it to split a building plot into two areas of given sizes. And a forester might digitize a split-line to carve out a stand of timber on one side of a timber tract. The app also provides functions for measuring distances and acreages. If your device has GPS capability, you may record the GPS location as a Point, or pick the GPS location as a node for the Line or Area you are creating. You may email the job data file (*.pmp), or output the coordinates and drawing as a PDF file.
The Partition – Distance – Area app will let the users perform the following tasks:
• Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map.
• Sub-divide an Area by Direction Cut, Hinge Cut or a digitized Split-Line.
• View position, length and area values for the Features.
• Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
• Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
• Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
• Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
• Create Points from entered coordinates.
• Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
• Save the job data file for later use.
• Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
• Email the job data files and the PDF files to your colleagues.
This app comes with a detailed built-in help document. It is available from the iTunes App Store.
For additional information, please visit www.cmtinc.com or send email to email@example.com.