October 30, 2012, Oregon, USA – In answer to many iOS users search for a handy and economical tool for measuring distances and areas, CMTINC.COM announces the release of the Area – Distance software application for use on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. This app distinguishes itself from other similar apps by providing an easy way to digitize points, lines and areas to a hairline on the built-in Map. For example, the users will be able to trace out the property boundaries as closely as they wish, and obtain highly accurate area measurements.
The Area – Distance app will let the users perform the following tasks:
• Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas and save them as Features.
• View position, length and area values for the saved Features.
• Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
• Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
• Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
• Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
• Create a Point by entering its coordinates.
• Create Points from an imported text file.
• Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
• Search a location by address or by coordinates.
• Save the job data file for later use.
• Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
• Email the job data files and the PDF files to your colleagues.
This app comes with a detailed built-in help document. It is available from the App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/area-distance/id571833476?ls=1&mt=8
For additional information, please visit www.cmtinc.com or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.