55+ 3D experts represent diverse industries, technologies
15 October 2012 (Portland, Maine, USA) – SPAR Point Group announced today that the more than 55 presenters speaking at this year’s SPAR Europe Conference on End-to-End 3D represent 17 countries, more than 50 organizations and various industries. “We are very excited about the 3D experts who will be sharing their knowledge and expertise,” said Lisa Murray, Director of SPAR Point Group. “They are a diverse group – coming from 17 countries and a variety of industries—but are similar in that they are using the newest technologies and processes to drive efficiency, improve workflows, reduce project timelines, improve safety and mitigate risk.” SPAR Europe takes place 12-14 November at the World Forum in The Hague.
According to Ms. Murray, SPAR conferences have the most diverse programming in the 3D marketplace. “SPAR is unique because it covers so many industries – from industrial facilities to building and architecture, civil transportation, digital cultural preservation, forensics and security and more—and the entire scope of 3D imaging from data capture to processing to delivery,” she said. “With nearly 60 presenters the program may seem a bit daunting at first glance, but it’s set up so that attendees can home in on the presentations that meet their needs.” She added that presentations have track labels, designations for presentation level (beginner, intermediate, advanced), workflow stage designation (capture, process, deliver) and type of presentation (business or technical).
Eighty percent of the presenters are European-based with the balance hailing from Canada, India, South Africa and the United States. Most represent for-profit companies including engineering firms and asset owners/operators. Several are government employees, including most of the forensics/security track presenters, and a handful represent associations. The roster also includes several academics who will be sharing their newest research at SPAR Europe.
“This year’s program truly captures the current state of the 3D imaging marketplace,” said Ms. Murray, who cited a handful of newly announced presenters and topics to demonstrate the breadth of the conference content:
• Eric Guilloux, Offshore Project Engineer, SAIPEM (France) and Marc Daeffler, Energies, Sites and Industries branch at FIT ESIC (France) – “Subsea Metrology on a Manifold in Production: a Combined Photogrammetry and Acoustics Approach”
• Markus Vogel, Project and Innovation Manager, Amberg Technologies (Switzerland) – “Kinematic Laser Scanning Assuring Future Compliance of Existing SBB Railway Corridor for Increasing European Freight Traffic Demands”
• Juan Roberto Vasquez Herrero, Architect, Indossoluble S.L. (Italy) – "Roman Forum Project: Documenting in 3D the Cloaca Maxima using terrestrial laser scanning and ArcheoRobot"
• Juha Hyyppä, Professor, Head of Department, Finnish Geodetic Institute (Finland) – “Advances in Laser Scanning of Forests: Concepts, Methods and Best Practices”
• Mirko Stock, Vice President, Global Business Development, Owner Operator Solutions, Intergraph PPM (Germany) and Chris Thewalt, Vice President, Scanning Software Business, Leica Geosystems (USA) – “Extending the Benefits of Photo-Realistic Laser Scans and Intelligent 3D models into Plant Operations & Maintenance”
• Dr. Judith Dijk, Senior Research Scientist, Intelligent Imaging, TNO (The Netherlands) – “Crime Scene Reconstruction using Kinect and a Tablet; Visualizing in 3D Virtual Worlds with Augmented Reality”
About SPAR Europe
SPAR Europe Conference on End-to-End 3D brings together professionals from throughout Europe and beyond to discover the latest advances and technologies in 3D data capture, processing and delivery. SPAR Europe targets asset owners, engineers, technology developers and university researchers to present and discuss the latest tools and techniques for using 3D technologies to drive efficiency, improve workflows, reduce project timelines, improve safety and mitigate risk. Fiatech, a consortium of large capital assets owners, will be holding a meeting 12 November 2012 in conjunction with SPAR Europe. For more information and to register, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com/Europe.
About SPAR Point Group
SPAR Point Group organizes conferences and provides news and information for professionals involved in 3D imaging technologies. Content– delivered in-person and online– gives practitioners tools and information to make better business decisions. SPAR Point Group is wholly-owned by Diversified Business Communications. For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com and www.divbusiness.com.