Hannover, Germany, Oct. 8, 2012 — Spectra Precision introduced today new and updated products to expand its portfolio of solutions addressing the needs of the mainstream surveying and construction markets.
The announcement was made at Spectra Precision’s Worldwide Distribution Conference held in Hannover, Germany. The expanded product portfolio will be showcased at INTERGEO 2012, the world’s largest geodesy, geoinformatics and land management trade event.
New Spectra Precision® products include:
• ProMark 120 and ProMark 220 GNSS receivers – The ProMark™ GNSS product range continues to evolve. These new handhelds – powered by Ashtech – feature internal L2 GLONASS capability as well as Z-Blade™ GNSS firmware, for even better performance and faster RTK initialization in tough conditions. The ProMark 120 and 220 integrated GNSS handhelds feature an updated Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Handheld 6.5 OS with language provisioning capability, so customers can select from a range of OS languages.
• Spectra Precision T41 data collector – This rugged, powerful, connected and compact new data collector offers high performance with a high-resolution outdoor readable display. The slim, ergonomic design is easy to hold and enables all-day use. A new capacitive touch-screen protected by Gorilla® Glass provides intuitive and responsive finger-tip touch capability. The T41™ handheld has 3.75G cellular data capabilities for use with VRS networks, plus cellular voice and SMS capabilities. The 8-megapixel camera can be set to automatically include time and location data from the integrated GPS receiver. The T41 data collector includes a capable 1 GHz processor with 512 MB RAM to support large data sets. Spectra Precision T41 is offered with Survey Pro™ field software, Spectra Precision’s leading survey field data collection application.
• Layout Pro Field and Office software – Built for construction layout applications, the Spectra Precision Layout Pro™ software is easy-to use and designed for optimum productivity on the construction site. Together with its integrated office software application, Layout Pro equips a construction foreman with the tools needed to efficiently translate a design into reality on the ground. Layout Pro supports on-board operation on the Spectra Precision FOCUS® 8 and Nikon® Nivo™ C mechanical total stations. The Spectra Precision Nomad™ data collector with Layout Pro supports operation with the Spectra Precision FOCUS 6, Nikon Nivo M and the Nikon DTM-322 instruments.
• Survey Basic software for total stations – While a large touch-screen interface provides superior visualization of a surveying job including the potential for color map display, many customers prefer the simplicity of a traditional button-based user interface. Spectra Precision now offers users the simplicity of a familiar interface with the addition of a color map display and touch-screen convenience. Survey Basic software is available on all Spectra Precision FOCUS 8 and Nikon Nivo C instruments.
Updated Spectra Precision products include:
• Survey Pro Field software version 5.2 – Adds support for GNSS Receiver Profiles, enabling more control of the survey process and simpler GNSS survey startup. There is a new cloud data archiving and retrieval capability using the popular Dropbox service, enabling field crews to retrieve project updates or send completed jobs to the office with a single tap. The new software also includes enhanced report generation, completely revamped resection processing, staking enhancements, context-sensitive help and map snap tools. There are a variety of other improvements to Survey Pro 5.2 designed to increase performance and productivity.
• Spectra Precision Survey Office software version 2.80 – As a companion to Survey Pro 5.2 field software, this office software update adds the ability to export lines and alignments to field data collectors. Ashtech FAST Survey™ formatted files with local coordinates can now be imported into Spectra Precision Office Software 2.80, giving users a single office software suite for all their data collection needs. Spectra Precision Survey Office 2.80 has also been fully tested with Microsoft Windows 8 operating system.
• ProMark Field software version 3.0 – This intuitive and easy-to-use surveying application introduces a large custom virtual keyboard, provides import and export of user-defined text file formats, enhances voice information and guidance features, and includes many other improvements. Version 3.0 of the ProMark Field software complements the new ProMark 120 GNSS handheld.
• MobileMapper 10 – This entry-level product is now available as part of the Spectra Precision portfolio, both as a GIS handheld and as a data collector running surveying or construction field software.
“The Spectra Precision portfolio continues to grow to meet the changing needs of our customers,” said François Erceau, general manager of the Spectra Precision Surveying Business. “By adding the construction layout solution to our portfolio, we can now offer customers both survey and construction products from a single supplier they can trust.”
These new and updated Spectra Precision products are now available for order through the Spectra Precision global reseller network. For more information visit: www.spectraprecision.com or email: email@example.com.
About the Spectra Precision Brand
Spectra Precision offers a complete product portfolio focusing on the needs of the mainstream surveying and construction markets. The Spectra Precision portfolio includes Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receivers, mechanical and robotic total stations, theodolites, autolevels, data collection hardware, field and office software, as well as a wide range of construction tools and accessories. Spectra Precision surveying equipment uses proven technologies to deliver value, reliability and ease-of-use to customers worldwide. The Spectra Precision brand is backed with the strong technical support that users have come to expect from a quality name in surveying and construction.