Maysville, Ky., U.S.A. (August 23, 2012)— Newly released Carlson Survey 2013 Embedded AutoCAD® comes with the newest version of AutoCAD OEM engine built in. The easy-to-use, intuitive software provides upgrades to core features like the coordinate database, Field-to-Finish coding and cut sheets as well as new commands, including one to twist points to a 3D view.
Together with Carlson Survey 2013 version, which provides support for AutoCAD® 2013, works on AutoCAD versions 2004 and up, and comes with IntelliCAD® 7.2 built-in, Carlson Survey Embedded AutoCAD is the number one office software solution for surveyors in the United States.
“The 2013 Carlson Survey solutions deliver on customer feature requests with many useful improvements to existing commands along with new commands,” says David Carlson, V.P. of Development for Carlson Software. “Also, the user-interface has a fresh look with a score of new and updated icons plus an optional ribbon toolbar.”
The many improvements to Carlson Survey Embedded AutoCAD include:
• The coordinate file has a new CRDB option, which uses a SQLite database and supports large point numbers and descriptions;
• The Report Formatter has a new Report Viewer output for creating table reports with customized formatting;
• Cut Sheets has a new spreadsheet interface and plan view labeling features; plus data from SurvCE can be used to create the cut sheets;
• Field-to-Finish has new coding for tree surveys and tree survey reports and tables;
• Google Earth support now includes points as well as linework, plus the ability to both import and export to KML/KMZ; and
• Search Published Control is a new command to lookup points from the NGS geodetic control database.
All versions of Carlson Survey, which benefit from nearly 30 years of continued improvement, are designed for use for land surveying, providing a full tool kit for surveyors with everything from network least squares to surface modeling. Users get the ability to work seamlessly between the office and the field and they can establish company-wide design styles to ease and speed their work.
Along with Carlson Survey Embedded AutoCAD for 2013, Carlson Software is also releasing Carlson Takeoff R6, its project-estimating and modeling software solution for site and heavy highway contractors, which also features industry-specific improvements.
For more information about the 2013 versions of Carlson Survey or Carlson Survey Embedded AutoCAD, visit your local dealer or www.carlsonsw.com or call Carlson at 800-989-5028 or 606-564-5028. Carlson has been meeting surveyors’ software needs since 1983.