Maysville, Ky., U.S.A. (June 27, 2012)— Newly released Carlson Survey 2013 provides upgrades to core features like the coordinate database, Field-to-Finish coding and cut sheets as well as new commands, including one to twist points to a 3D view.
The number one office software solution for surveyors in the United States, Carlson Survey’s 2013 version provides support for AutoCAD® 2013 and also works on AutoCAD versions 2004 and up. All Carlson 2013 office software comes with IntelliCAD® 7.2 built-in, which offers greater performance and stability, plus support for MrSid and JPG 2000 images.
“Carlson Survey 2013 delivers on customer feature requests with many useful improvements to existing commands along with new commands,” says David Carlson, V.P. of Development for Carlson Software. “Also, the user-interface has a fresh look with a score of new and updated icons plus an optional ribbon toolbar.”
The many improvements to Carlson Survey include:
• The coordinate file has a new CRDB option, which uses a SQLite database and supports large point numbers and descriptions;
• The Report Formatter has a new Report Viewer output for creating table reports with customized formatting;
• Cut Sheets has a new spreadsheet interface and plan view labeling features; plus data from SurvCE can be used to create the cut sheets;
• Field-to-Finish has new coding for tree surveys and tree survey reports and tables;
• Google Earth support now includes points as well as linework, plus the ability to both import and export to KML/KMZ; and
• Search Published Control is a new command to lookup points from the NGS geodetic control database.
Carlson Survey is designed for use for land surveying. It provides a full tool kit for surveyors with everything from network least squares to surface modeling. Users get the ability to work seamlessly between the office and the field and they can establish company-wide design styles to ease and speed their work.
Along with Carlson Survey for 2013, Carlson Software is also releasing the 2013 versions of Carlson Civil, Carlson Hydrology, Carlson GIS, Carlson Point Cloud, Carlson Mining, Carlson Takeoff, and Carlson Natural Regrade, each featuring its own industry-specific improvements.
For more information about Carlson Survey 2013, visit your local dealer or www.carlsonsw.com or call Carlson at 800-989-5028 or 606-564-5028. Carlson has been meeting surveyors’ software needs since 1983.