Livermore, Calif. – November 22, 2011 – Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS) announces a service pack for its SurveyMaster and SiteMaster software products.
Jason Hallett, TPS director of product management for application software, said, “Whether it’s a simple TopSURV topo, or a mortgage inspection with a one-page printout of the boundary and the property improvements, SurveyMaster provides what the surveyor needs to complete a field-to-finish project.”
He said, “For grading and paving contractors, where a job site might include multiple surfaces, roads, utilities, and buildings, SiteMaster simplifies the model building process and improves the entire project workflow, especially when it is coupled with Topcon’s machine control systems.”
The new service pack is designed to further improve the 3D viewer and data exchange with Topcon’s TopSURV field software. Among the improvements in both SurveyMaster and SiteMaster are:
• Faster import and export of TopSURV notes
• Added support for TopSURV v8.0 road data
• Retention of layer colors with import of AutoCAD dwg files
• Faster review of 3D entities
• 3D Viewer now support viewing 3D entities without requiring a DTM
• Editors now retain last set column widths
• Added the ability to apply a localization file during a Text/ASCII file import
• Modified the save command to purge any unused images
About Topcon Positioning Systems
Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc. (TPS) designs and manufactures precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. TPS’ parent company, Topcon Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange – 7732), was founded in 1932.