Global Mapper Software LLC is excited to announce the release of Global Mapper v13.00 at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13_setup.exe (or get the 64-bit version at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13_setup_64bit.exe). Just download that file and run it to install v13.00. It will install alongside any existing Global Mapper version, so you don’t have to worry about losing what you’re currently working on.
Among the numerous significant changes in this release are the following:
• Added support for loading ESRI File Geodatabase (GDB) data sets.
• Added support for generating density grids from point features in a loaded layer. This density grid can be based on either just a count of the point features or any numeric attribute value associated with the points.
• Added support for joining a file with attributes to the attribute table of an existing loaded spatial layer against a common attribute.
• Added support for calculating/copying new attribute values made by copying an existing attribute or performing mathematical operations either between two attribute values or an attribute value and some number.
• Added option under View menu to zoom to the same location in Google Earth.
• Added new Image Swipe Tool to allow easily swiping away a raster layer to see other layers in an interactive manner.
• Added option to transform layer coordinates either by a manually specified coordinate transformation or with a control point file when shifting coordinates for selected layers from the Control Center in addition to just shifting a fixed distance.
• Added a new option to the Advanced Feature Creation submenu of the Digitizer Tool to create lines connecting selected points to selected line features along the shortest path between the point and any of the selected lines.
• Added option to easily draw rotated area and line rectangles using the Digitizer Tool through the 3-point draw method.
• Added option to Digitizer Tool to automatically move selected point features to the nearest point on selected line features.
• Added support for exporting loaded terrain data to SRTM HGT format files.
• Added support for loading SegY format files.
All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What’s New document that is displayed during installation.
Pricing for upgrades from v12 is $149 US per license and pricing for new licenses are $399 US for a single license, $349 US per license for 2-19 licenses, and $299 US per license for 20 or more licenses. You can purchase Global Mapper v13 licenses from http://www.globalmapper.com/product/downloadv13.htm.