Global Mapper Software LLC is excited to announce the availability of our next major release, Global Mapper v12.00, at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_setup.exe. Just download that file and run it to install v12.00. It will install alongside any existing Global Mapper version, so you don’t have to worry about losing what you’re currently working on to evaluate it.
Numerous significant enhancements and bug fixes have been made to Global Mapper for this release. The most significant changes are described below:
• Added built-in access to the NAIP color high-resolution imagery for the entire United States via the File->Download Online Imagery/Data menu command.
• Added built-in access to the ASTER GDEM terrain data at 1.5 arc second
(~45m) resolution for the entire world via the File->Download Online Imagery/Data menu command.
• Added built-in access to premium Parcel data for the entire US via the
File->Download Online Imagery/Data menu command.
• Added support for automatically delineating stream networks and watershed areas using loaded terrain/DEM data using the File->Generate Watershed menu command.
• Added ‘Point Styles’ tab to Options dialog for vector layers with point features allowing users to setup the styling of points in a layer. Now users can use the default type-based styling, apply a single style to all point features in a layer, setup an attribute-based styling system that styles the points based on the value of an attribute value or the display label, or randomly assign colors to the dot or custom symbols for points in a layer.
• Updated the Download Online Imagery/Data interface to group data sources to allow easily finding data sources of a particular type or covering a particular area.
• Updated the Control Center to support assigning groups to selected layers via the right-click menu. Those groups can then be collapsed in the Control Center to allow easily selecting, closing, or hiding/showing that group.
• Added new right-click option to the Digitizer Tool for creating a regular grid of areas anchored at some point and of user-specified size, rotation angle, and naming.
• Added ability to export BIL/BIP/BSQ and JPEG2000 raster files with multiple bands of data at 8, 16, or 32-bit depth (similar to what was possible before for GeoTIFF exports).
• Added option to use "halo" fonts for text display. Halo fonts display a thin border around text of a slightly different color, making the text visible on any background.
• Updated the export interface to replace the long sub-menus with dialogs allowing format selection to prevent overflowing the export format lists off of the screen.
• Updated the map legend display based on vector types to allow labeling each style in the legend by the feature type, name, or any attribute value, in addition to the feature description which is what was always used before.
• Added new EDIT_VECTOR script command (replacing the ASSIGN_TYPES command) to allow adding/updating feature attributes values and display labels, reclassifying features, rotating/scaling/offsetting feature coordinates, or marking features as deleted by searching loaded features for matches against their attributes/label values and/or types.
• Added support for loading HCRF marine chart files, including the ARCS chart series from the UKHO.
All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What’s New document that is displayed during installation.
Pricing for Global Mapper v12.00 is $349 US for a new single license, $299 US per license for 2-19 licenses, and $249 US per license for 20 or more licenses. Users with licenses for Global Mapper v11.xx can purchase an upgrade to v12.00 for only $129 US per license. Site license pricing is also available on request. As always, upgrades and new licenses can be purchased from the Purchase page at http://www.globalmapper.com.