Aurora, CO – September 8, 2010 – Merrick & Company (www.merrick.com) has been awarded the 2010 American Business Ethics Award™ (ABEA). The award honors U.S. companies that exemplify high standards of ethical behavior in their everyday business conduct and in response to specific crises or challenges. Three national firms are recognized each year with this award that has been given out for the past 16 years by the Foundation for Financial Service Professionals (FFSP). Past award recipients include General Mills, Whirlpool Corporation, Pitney Bowes, Kiplinger, Starbucks, and Levi Strauss. The award will be presented to Merrick on October 9 in Orlando, FL.
“This award is a validation that Merrick & Company employees live out our commitment to the firm values, of which ethical behavior is fundamental to internal service to our employees and external service to our clients. The employee owners at Merrick are honored to receive this award,” said Ralph W. Christie, Jr., PE, Chairman, President, and CEO.
Entries were evaluated by an independent panel of judges comprised of ethics experts from business and academia. The evaluation criteria included:
• The company’s and executive’s commitment to ethics.
• Demonstrated corporate code of ethics, credo, core values, and mission.
• Clear communication of the company’s ethical standards.
• Clear indication that staff understands and accepts the firm’s ethical standards.
• A provided means for employees, customers, and other parties to bring ethical problems or conflicts to the firm’s attention along with mechanisms for resolution.
• Delivery of consistently high quality services.
• Demonstrated awareness of environmental impact.
• Corporate commitment to providing a work environment that is safe, free from harassment or inappropriate discriminatory behavior.
• Demonstrated commitment to community.
About Merrick & Company
Merrick & Company is a $100 million engineering, architecture, design-build, surveying, and geospatial solutions firm, serving domestic and international clients in the energy, security, life sciences, and infrastructure markets. The firm is committed to sustainable design and construction practices through its 50+ LEED-accredited professionals and is continually expanding its in-house resources to serve tomorrow’s needs. Headquartered in Aurora, Colorado, the employee-owned company maintains eight offices in the U.S. as well as offices in Canada and Mexico. More information about Merrick & Company is located at the Merrick & Company Newsroom.