The Proven Replacement for the High Cost of AutoCAD Software
Portland, Oregon, USA – August 13, 2010 – progeCAD USA (http://www.progecad.us) Has Released and important update to progeCAD 2010 Professional, the “AutoCAD Like” software offering the closest experience yet to using AutoCAD from Autodesk, Inc. The progeCAD 2010 Professional version 10.0.10.8 update is free to all licensed progeCAD 2010 users and offers several key fixes that our users have requested. These fixes are crucial for those using progeCAD to perform designs creating DWG drawings daily, including improved performance, ability to edit drawings using Dynamic Blocks, and a new Beta of the LispDefender technology which allows developers to protect their intellectual property rights when including AutoLISP source code in their add-on products for progeCAD.
The majority of the improvements to the already extremely stable progeCAD 2010 Professional for end users should eliminate those rare instances where progeCAD may become unstable and shut down without warning. The entire list of defects eliminated and improvements to otherwise excellent computer aided drafting are included in the list below.
For End Users:
• Gradient hatch: improved visualization in printing
• Improved performance when layouts have hidden or shaded viewports
ICAD.LSP continues loading even when reading the ICAD.SDS fails (ICAD.SDS is the loading mechanism for the Solutions Development System C++ API. SDS, an API so similar to ADS, one of the API’s inside AutoCAD, that you can simply rename function names and recompile to have your version running on progeCAD Pro).
• Fixed active layout in status bar when opening a drawing in paper space
• Last path used to open drawings is saved correctly and defaults when opening your next design drawing
• Dynamic blocks coming from drawings coming from AutoCAD are now saved correctly in the DWG 2010 version
• Multileader are now save correctly as well and plotting has been improved to display these leaders correctly
• Fixed change of active DIMSTYLE in dialog
• Changed property palette to correctly reopen after print, avoiding a conflict between the print dialog and the property palette
• Fixed isolated crashes caused by certain entity displays
• Fixed isolated crashes on Trim/Extend commands
• Fixed problem of command typing with Windows 7 (Chinese Version)
Fixed ‘send of message’ to VBI workspaces (VBI is another API included with progeCAD which very closely mimics the Visual Basic API included with AutoCAD)
• Added Beta version of LispDefender, a new technology which protects raw AutoLISP source code without impeding it’s ability to operate. (The AutoLISP interpreter built into progeCAD is yet another example of an API which mimics the API’s built into AutoCAD)
• Added Proxy capability for both the automatic version update notifications and installations, and also included Proxy ability to the registration process.
Users of AutoCAD, and AutoCAD LT will find progeCAD Professional a product offering the closest experience to running those applications, close enough that there is little to no learning curve for those who have experience with the competitive CAD applications. In a matter of minutes you can be productive with progeCAD 2010 Professional, using the same drawings (DWG), Support files (hatch patters, linetypes, menus, plotter files, there the same format!), and in the process, since progeCAD is less than 1/10th the cost of AutoCAD, save thousands of dollars better put to use elsewhere in these lean economic times.
progeCAD – Afford Your Design!
About progeCAD USA
progeCAD USA (http://www.progecad.us), the largest progeCAD distributor and direct to the public reseller worldwide, offers progeCAD shipping with several different options including NLM Network, USB Portable, and affordable Site Licensing. progeCAD Add-on products in land design, architecture and MEP are also available. Visit our website to download your own Free Full 30 day trial versions of our software.