The entire family of five ProFlex models benefits
Nantes, France, June 29th, 2010 — Ashtech® today introduced a new GNSS firmware upgrade for the entire ProFlex™ line of products, including the ProFlex 500, ProFlex 500 Marine, ProFlex 500 CORS, ProFlex Lite and ProFlex Lite Duo.
The new firmware features as standard:
• Hot Stand-By RTK: Doubles the assurance that an RTK position is always available and robust.
• Advanced Raw Data Quality: Multi-criterion internal observation masks optimize raw data depending on reception parameters and the dynamics of the receiver.
• Ashtech Optimized Messaging (ATOM) format: Freedom from radio link throughput issues using the new compact and ultra compact scenario of ATOM format.
• RTC Bridge for ProFlex 500 only: Extends the number of users working in a given area by allowing one of them to forward its corrections, received through GPRS, to others through a radio link, thus saving money on mobile communication fees.
• Legacy DBEN Base format support for ProFlex Lite only: Transit smoothly from legacy Ashtech sensors generation to the newest generation.
A new radio option is also available for the ProFlex Lite GNSS sensor:
• U-Link Radios are now available for the ProFlex Lite. The U-Link radio option allows users to send/receive RTK corrections through a UHF radio link. Ashtech offers two types of radios through this option: Internal Ashtech U-Link Rx and external Ashtech U-Link TRx. This new option will be of special interest for application in machine guidance in agriculture, civil engineering or coastal works such as dredging or bathymetry,
Simple firmware upgrades are possible at any time to adapt to new requirements. Current customers can contact their dealer for more information at http://www.ashtech.com/en/dealerlocator/ or email the Ashtech Sales team at email@example.com
About the ProFlex Line
• ProFlex 500, a powerful positioning solution that delivers state-of-the-art RTK features in a rugged, highly integrated receiver design.
• ProFlex Lite, a cost-effective GNSS sensor that allows OEMs and system integrators to easily integrate RTK positioning into their applications.
• ProFlex Lite Duo, a dual GNSS board sensor designed for heading, relative positioning, and long-range RTK computations.
The ProFlex line offers rugged positioning solutions that deliver enhanced real-time precision ranging from sub-meter down to centimeter level. It is scalable, cost-effective and available in a variety of configurations from L1 GPS+GLONASS+SBAS up to L1/L2 GPS+GLONASS+SBAS.
The ProFlex receivers work either as base or rover and are ideally suited for mobile positioning and navigation onboard-solutions for which precision and flexibility are equally important.
Recognized as an industry innovator, Ashtech (formerly Magellan Professional) has been developing GNSS technology for more than 25 years. Ashtech is the creator of BLADE technology, which introduces a unique patented method to the market using multiple GNSS constellations for high-accuracy positioning. Ashtech has also introduced the MobileMapper® series of products for GIS and mapping, as well as the ProFlex 500 and ProMark™ series, including the ProMark 500, ProMark3 RTK and ProMark 3, a well-recognized GNSS Land Survey product line currently on the market. Ashtech S.A.S. is privately held and headquartered in Carquefou, France, with offices in Beijing, China, and Singapore, as well as affiliates in Santa Clara, California (Ashtech LLC) and Moscow (Ashtech A/O LLC). For more information on Ashtech, visit www.ashtech.com.