Announces Recorded Presentations Will Be Available Soon, Abstracts for 2011 Event Being Accepted at gita.org/cfp
Aurora, Colo., June 3, 2010—GITA is pleased to 2010 Speaker Award winners from its recent Geospatial Infrastructure Solutions Conference in Phoenix, Ariz. The award recognizes the top five percent of session speakers, each of whom were rated by session participants in the areas of quality of presentation, content of session, visual aids, and relevance of topic.
Recognized as a leading educational association dedicated to geospatial information, GITA has developed a reputation for bringing together industry leaders to present papers, take part in panel discussions, and participate in seminars at the association’s flagship conference. Using their industry knowledge in addition to effective presentation skills, these speakers share their experience with GIS professionals.
The recipients of the 2010 GITA Speaker Award include:
• Susan Ancel, EPCOR – Aging Infrastructure Seminar
• Dave Henderson, Topcon Positioning Systems – 3D Mobile Mapping
• Mark A. Liebe, P.E., City of Portland, High Resolution Risk Assessment Methodologies for Combined and Sanitary Sewer System Advanced Asset Management
• William Stone, National Geodetic Survey – Products and Services of the National Geodetic Survey
• Stephen Swazee, Emergency Preparedness Committee – Revolution Underway-GIS and Emergency Management in Minnesota
Join the ranks of these speakers—submit your abstract for GITA’s 2011 Geospatial Infrastructure Solutions Conference by visiting http://www.gita/org/cfp and submitting your abstract. The deadline is August 31, 2010, and the conference is slated for April 10-14, 2011, in Grapevine, TX
The Geospatial Information & Technology Association (GITA) is the professional association and leading advocate for anyone using geospatial technology to help operate, maintain, and protect the infrastructure, which includes organizations such as utilities, telecommunication companies, and the public sector. Through industry leading conferences—along with research initiatives, chapters, membership, and other programs—GITA provides education and professional best practices. Visit GITA on the Web at www.gita.org.