Aurora, Colo., March 22, 2010—The Geospatial Information & Technology Association (GITA) announced that all are invited to participate in the 2010 Industry Trends Analysis Group (ITAG) meeting, which plays a crucial role in GITA’s strategic planning process. As the infrastructure becomes more intelligent, this year’s meeting will explore the geospatial dimensions of intelligent infrastructure for electric, gas, telecommunications, water/wastewater, public sector, and transportation vertical markets.
This complimentary meeting is slated for Monday, April 26, 2010, from 8:00 a.m. – Noon at the Phoenix Convention Center, during GITA’s Geospatial Infrastructure Solutions Conference (April 25-29 in Phoenix, Ariz.).
ITAG Advisors will explore the following questions:
• What is ‘intelligent infrastructure’ in your industry segment? (ie: Smart Grid, broadband, remote meter reading, etc.)
• What role can/does geospatial technology play in this/these area(s)?
• Is your organization working in this/these area(s)?
• How are your "intelligent infrastructure" applications in your industry segment linked to those in other segments?
• What are your challenges? What are your successes?
• How would you design an intelligent approach in your own organization that combines sensors and systems to improve efficiency?
For over ten years, GITA’s Board of Directors has relied upon ITAG to be "the eyes and ears" of the association. ITAG provides individuals a strong voice in association programs and services and makes a significant contribution to GITA’s strategic planning process. By contributing expertise and ideas, participants will have a say in the direction of the association and geospatial industry.
Geospatial professionals don’t need to attend this meeting to be an ITAG Advisor—ITAG is intended to allow busy individuals to contribute via e-mail and GITA’s Online Community without a major time commitment.
Interested geospatial professionals can sign up to become an ITAG advisor at http://gita.org/about-gita/committees/ITAG/itag.asp.
Online registration for the 2010 Geospatial Infrastructure Solutions Conference is now open. Registration fees start at $379. Exhibits-only passes are $35. Full details about the conference are available at www.gita.org/gis, or by contacting GITA headquarters at 303-337-0513; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Geospatial Information & Technology Association, or GITA, is the professional association and leading advocate for anyone using computerized mapping for the extraction of data to own, operate, maintain, and protect the infrastructure. GITA is the source for professional best practices, education, and employment.