Incorporates fully scalable GNSS receiver, new data collector and software
Olathe, Kansas – Sokkia Corporation announces the new GRX1 GNSS system that includes the new SHC250 data collector, as well as a new controller and post-processing software.
Denny Welch, senior vice president and general manager, Survey Business Unit, said, “These new products further strengthen the entire Sokkia product lineup.”
He said the new GRX1 GNSS receiver has an integrated antenna, digital UHF radio, GSM module, Bluetooth® module and detachable battery in a “compact, rugged, magnesium-alloy body.” Its fully upgradeable features “allow users to start with an entry model for L1 GPS that can be upgraded to L1 GPS+GLONASS, to L1/L2 GPS, up to 72-channel L1/L2 GPS+GLONASS receiver.”
The new SHC250 data collector incorporates the latest Windows Mobile® 6.5 OS, built-in Bluetooth modem and the new Spectrum Survey Field software “that fully controls the GRX1 receiver with unsurpassed ease and speed,” Welch said.
“This new GNSS system provides unmatched versatility and usability in RTK, network RTK and static applications that require millimeter or centimeter positioning accuracy,” he said.
The GRX1 GNSS receiver features:
• Fully upgradeable, dual-frequency, 72-channel GPS+GLONASS receiver;
• Triple wireless technologies – digital UHF radio (Rx/Tx), GSM/GPRS modem and Bluetooth module are available as integrated options. This allows an array of data communication choices for RTK correction, both at a base station and at a rover;
• Voice messages notify the users when RTK is fixed or lost, along with other notifications, eliminating a need for repeated visual checks of the controller display; and
• Advanced data storage capability via SD and SDHC memory cards.
The SHC250 data collector features:
• Windows Mobile 6.5 OS;
• 806MHz XScale processor;
• 256MB SDRAM / 1GB Flash memory;
• 3.7 in. VGA touch-screen display;
• Built-in Bluetooth wireless module;
• IP66 dust- and water-protection; and
• SD/SDHC card slot / CF card slot.
The new controller software, Spectrum Survey Field, and the comprehensive GNSS software, Spectrum Survey Office, will also support existing Sokkia GPS receivers.
“The GRX1 joins the ‘X’ family of instruments which represents the ‘ultimate in precision and reliability’ ensured by the Sokkia brand,” Welch said.
The new Sokkia GNSS system will be available in early 2010.
Contact 800.4.SOKKIA for more information.