This fellowship award provides full funding for the Student Fellow to participate in the 2010 FIG Congress in Sydney, Australia. This is the first time for this prestigious award. It is sponsored by the three ACSM Member Organizations that comprise the ACSM FIG Forum and participate in the International Federation of Surveyors (FIG):
• AAGS- American Association for Geodetic Surveying
• GLIS- Geographic and Land Information Society
• NSPS- National Society of Professional Surveyors
The ACSM FIG Forum FIG Congress Student Fellowship includes:
• Round-trip economy class transportation from home airport to Sydney, Australia
• Complimentary Registration for 2010 FIG Congress will all Congress benefits
• Participation as an official ACSM FIG Forum Delegate at the Congress
• All Congress meals and selected social events
• Accommodations with surveyor/student family while attending Congress
• Selected activity and participation with FIG Young Surveyors Network
To apply you must be currently enrolled as a student at a 4-year U.S. education institution in an ABET accredited surveying/geomatics program and a Student Member of ACSM (see www.acsm.net/studentapp.pdf).
The successful applicant will have a technical paper accepted by the ACSM FIG Forum through a peer review process. The successful applicant will attend the FIG Congress and present the paper.
To apply visit www.acsm.net/fig.html or send a request for complete details and application to email@example.com.
The closing date for submission of papers is October 30, 2009.
A complete information package (709Kb PDF) can be found HERE