Educational programs coast-to-coast benefit from grants
Tampa, FL – The PBSJ Corporation, parent company of PBS&J; PBS&J Constructors, Inc.; and PBS&J International, Inc., has announced the award of grants totaling more than $60,000. Grants will be administered through The PBSJ Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) foundation focused on helping the corporations employee-owned subsidiaries expand their programs for charitable giving.
The Foundation Board meets quarterly throughout the year to consider funding requests submitted by employees of the Corporations subsidiaries. At its September 2008 Board meeting, grants for the following programs were approved:
• Leander Educational Excellence Foundation (LEEF); Austin, Cedar Park, Leander, and Jonestown, Texas
• EXCITED (Extracurricular Computer Information Technology Education); Tallahassee, Florida
• APPLE CORE (All People Promoting Literacy Efforts, Counting our Reading Efforts); Apple Partnership; Clark County, Nevada
• Ready to Learn, School Sponsor; WJCT, Inc.; Northeast Florida
• Take Stock in Children (TSIC); Bay Education Foundation, Inc.; Bay, Gulf, Franklin, and Walton counties, Florida
• Communities in Schools Dropout Prevention Initiative; Communities in Schools of Jacksonville, Inc.; Duval County, Florida
• PBSJ Foundation Scholarship; Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering at Arizona State University; Arizona
The Foundation has also approved funding for the next session of PBS&Js signature community outreach program, kidsclassSM, planned for the Phoenix, Arizona, area.
Our employees are known for their community involvement, and educational programs benefiting children are of particular interest. The Foundation provides a source of financial support for the many local educational and community-building organizations to which our employees devote their time and energy, says John Zumwalt, Chairman of The PBSJ Foundation, Inc. board of directors. The PBS&J Foundation supports community education initiatives through scholarships and grants for public/private institutions of learning.
About The PBSJ Foundation, Inc.
The PBSJ Corporation has a long-established tradition of giving back to the communities in which its employees live and work. As the companys professional interests have expanded nationally, so has the opportunity to reach into more communities to make a difference. To maximize the benefit of these charitable efforts, and to evolve and elevate its philanthropic efforts, The PBSJ Foundation was established. This 501(c)(3) foundation provides the Corporations subsidiaries, PBS&J; PBS&J Constructors, Inc.; and PBS&J International, Inc. with the tools and the ability to further promote and support education, public charities focused on providing support for individuals and communities impacted by natural and man-made disasters, and the interests and welfare of other public charities that have a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3).
For more information about The PBSJ Foundation contact Audrey Davidson, Foundation coordinator, at 407.806.4321, or by email at AEDavidson@pbsj.com.