Local education initiatives benefit from grant program
Tampa, FL – The PBSJ Corporation, parent company of PBS&J and PBS&J Constructors, Inc., has announced the award of grants totaling more than $50,000. Grants will be administered through The PBSJ Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) foundation focused on helping the corporation’s employee-owned subsidiaries expand their programs for charitable giving.
The Foundation Board meets quarterly throughout the year to consider funding requests submitted by employees of the Corporation’s subsidiaries. At its March 2008 Board meeting, grants for the following organizations were announced:
• A Place Called Home (APCH); Los Angeles, CA
• Boys & Girls Club of Carlsbad; Project Learn; Carlsbad, CA
• Coyle Avenue Elementary School; California Standards Based Science Program; Sacramento, CA
• Brevard Schools Foundation, Inc.; The Mass Communications Academy; Brevard County, FL
• Girl Scouts of West Central Florida, Inc.; Girls Go Tech; Florida
• Terry Parker High School; Academy of Coastal and Environmental Studies (ACES); Jacksonville, FL
• Association of State Floodplain Managers Foundation; Scholarship Program; Beltsville, MD
• YMCA of Middle Tennessee; YMCA Youth Development Millennium Leadership Academy; Nashville, TN
• Conference of Minority Transit Officials (COMTO); National Minority Scholarship
• Communities in Schools of Miami, Inc.; NFL Youth Education Town Center; Miami, FL
The Foundation has also provided funding for PBS&J’s signature community outreach program, kidsclassSM. The latest grants will fund kidsclass programs in Atlanta, Georgia and Reno, Nevada.
The PBS&J Foundation supports community initiatives that support education by providing scholarships and supporting public/private institutions of learning. “This program has worked well for us on a number of levels. Our employees are empowered to support programs that are important to them with funding from the Foundation,” says Foundation Board member Clarence Anthony. “We are also afforded a wonderful opportunity to help expand the reach of local education-based initiatives that we hope will positively impact our communities in the future.”
About The PBSJ Foundation, Inc.
The PBSJ Corporation has a long-established tradition of giving back to the communities in which its employees live and work. As the company’s professional interests have expanded nationally, so has the opportunity to reach into more communities to make a difference. To maximize the benefit of these charitable efforts, and to evolve and elevate its philanthropic efforts, The PBSJ Foundation was established. This 501(c)(3) foundation provides the Corporation’s subsidiaries, PBS&J and PBS&J Constructors, Inc., with the tools and the ability to further promote and support education, public charities focused on providing support for individuals and communities impacted by natural and man-made disasters, and the interests and welfare of other public charities that have a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3).
For more information about The PBSJ Foundation, contact Audrey Davidson, Foundation Coordinator, at 407.806.4321, or by email at AEDavidson@pbsj.com.