90 Updated Chart Pages, 63 New Aerial Photos and More…
Maptech (Amesbury, Mass) — The new edition of ChartKit Region 3 (14th edition) gives boaters and fishermen updated, feature-rich charts at a great price. The free Chartbook Companion CD comes with identical charts from the chart book plus GPS Real-Time Software. All of the navigation information has been fully scrutinized on each page of this new ChartKit—from subtle shifting shoals to drastic re-buoying of major harbors. Each waypoint and course has been plotted on the most current Notice to Mariner corrected charts.
Many boaters rely on chart plotters with small screens. With a ChartKit by your side it’s like having a 22" x 17" screen for a chart plotter—for only $130. Every page and every chart has been updated from the earlier editions. The 14th edition includes thousands of NOAA changes to the charts. Maptech ChartKits are easy to use and contain full-color charts with hundreds of GPS waypoints and pre-plotted courses, and offshore and inshore charts in the most useful scales for the area.
Getting Started with Electronic Navigation is Easy: Maptech ChartKits come with a Chartbook Companion CD with the charts for the area and GPS Real-Time Software. If you take a laptop onboard connected to a handheld GPS receiver or sensor you can see your exact real-time position on the ChartKit chart on the computer screen. Both the chartbook and the software work hand-in-hand and offer an easy, almost fool-proof method for getting started in PC navigation.
For boaters who travel outside the ChartKit region, Maptech’s new U.S. Boating Charts with Tides & Currents ($99.95) is a perfect compliment with NOAA charts for the entire coastline. Electronic navigation is now easier and more cost effective.
ChartKit Region 3 Highlights:
• 90 pages of new charts fully updated with all Notice to Mariner corrections.
• 63 new aerial photographs with detailed views of popular inlets, harbors, and landmarks.
• Hundreds of updated waypoints and courses.
• Minute-by-minute grid superimposed on charts for easy cockpit navigation.
• 4 new distance tables cover the inside-outside routes, and the New Jersey Intracoastal Waterway.
• Spiral binding for easy use and storage.
• Free Chartbook Companion CD with all the ChartKit charts and software for PC navigation.
• Free Chartbook Companion CD is compatible with a GPS for download and upload of waypoints.
• ChartKits are a great value. Purchasing the charts separately costs more than $800.
• Works in conjunction with Embassy Cruising Guide: Long Island Sound to Cape May, N.J.
Maptech ChartKits: MSRP is $129.95 and the chartbooks are available from marine stores nationwide or at Maptech (www.maptech.com) or call 1-888-839-5551.