Field software has major improvements
Livermore, CA – March 30, 2007– The latest release of a new version of Topcon Positioning Systems’ TopSURV field software offers significant new enhancements to existing and new users around the world.
The version 6.11 of TopSURV includes:
• Windows Mobile 5 operating system
• Support for both the PanAM and Anik WAAS satellites
• L2C s/n has been added to view the new modernized GPS signal
• Support for new G24 internal GSM modem in the GR-3 GNSS receiver
• Support for new DSP Digital internal and external UHF radio systems
• Enhanced GMS-2 field controller wireless total station support
• Additional digital level sensors are now added
• OEM or user customizable splash screen
• Clip/Ispol formats
• Enhanced landXML file function
• Import/Export of road alignment files between jobs
• Enhanced user interface for edit/selection of multiple road alignments, profiles and cross section sets
• Cross section viewer has been added
• Overview map with image for design pt, current pt and toggle between stakeout plot view and map view
"TopSURV’s 6.11 is a powerful user interface that allows field tasks to be completed faster and easier than ever before," said Jason Killpack, Topcon product marketing manager. "The new 6.11 is the perfect complement software to Topcon instrumentation and GNSS hardware in the field," he said.
"With the transition to Windows Mobile 5 operating system on our FC 200 platform, our customers will see speed increases in the field computing as well as faster download speeds in the office." Killpack said, "The TopSURV software team has taken our customer feedback and implemented features and functions requested from the field."
The new TopSURV 6.11 is now available for free download as an upgrade for Topcon field controller users and for demonstration for new users alike at www.topconpositioning.com
Topcon Positioning Systems, a developer and manufacturer of positioning equipment, offers the world’s leading selection of innovating precision GPS, agriculture, GIS, laser, optical surveying, and machine control, products, software, and applications.