Norcross, GA — Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging announces new enhancements to ERDAS IMAGINE® 9.1.
As well as providing installers for new modules such as IMAGINE Subpixel Classifier™ and IMAGINE DeltaCue, these new enhancements offer numerous updated capabilities to regular ERDAS IMAGINE capabilities. The File Chooser has been enhanced to allow for rapid selection and opening of image files. The creation and reading of JPEG2000 format images has been improved. In addition, users now have more flexibility and choices with expanded support for ArcGIS 9.2 versioned Geodatabases.
New ERDAS IMAGINE 9.1 features and enhancements include:
• Improvements to the Map Composer and Map Series tool include new options for the Map Series Tool such as automatic creation of an adjoining map sheet diagram and an MGRS / USNG Grid Zone designator diagram, and an enhanced Map Composer tool makes it easier to set up end users to use map templates and create standardized mapping products to user specifications
• New Vector Attribute to Annotation tool enables the user to select an attribute field of a vector file from which to create display labels
• Spatial Profiling tool enables existing vector layers to be used as sources of the vector(s) to produce a profile, as well as providing the ability to annotate distance and direction onto the vector.
• New Route Intervisibility tool creates masks of seen / unseen areas out to a given distance from a selected vector path. Useful for environmental impact studies of proposed communication corridors, etc.
• Numerous improvements to the reading or creation of file formats, including ASRP/USRP/ADRG, CADRG, ENVI, ENVISAT, GeoTIFF, HDF, JPEG2000 and NITF.
• Viewer multi-threading support has been improved to allow Viewer to be more responsive to the user while reading image data.
• Rational Polynomial Coefficients (RPC) generation tool that can be used to export imagery with adjusted RPC models in a format that is universally understandable (e.g. NITF with RPC00B).
The 2007.02 Enhancement for ERDAS IMAGINE 9.1 is now available via download from the web to all software maintenance customers (SWM).
About Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging Division
When building image-based maps, you need reliable measurements and solutions for your entire workflow. So when it has to be right, more geospatial professionals trust Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging, LLC to help them collect, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is powering geospatial imaging by putting precise imaging to work. Its broad array of photogrammetry and remote sensing software solutions capture data efficiently, reference imagery accurately, measure and analyze easily and present spatial information, even in 3D. Those who use Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging products every day trust them for their precision, their seamless integration, and their superior customer support. Delivering geospatial imaging solutions with precision, integration, and service from Leica Geosystems. When it has to be right.
For more information about Leica Geosystems or its products and services, call +1 770 776 3400, toll free +1 866 534 2286, or visit www.gi.leica-geosystems.com.
About Leica Geosystems
With close to 200 years of pioneering solutions to measure the world, Leica Geosystems products and services are trusted by professionals worldwide to help them capture, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is best known for its broad array of products that capture accurately, model quickly, analyze easily, and visualize and present spatial information in 3D. Those who use Leica Geosystems products every day trust them for their dependability, the value they deliver, and the superior customer support. Based in Heerbrugg, Switzerland, Leica Geosystems is a global company with tens of thousands of customers supported by more than 2,400 employees in 23 countries and hundreds of partners located in more than 120 countries around the world. Leica Geosystems is a publicly listed company, registered with the Swiss Stock Exchange (SWX).
For more information see: www.leica-geosystems.com