New Version Offers Significant Enhancements, Introduces Leica MosaicPro
Norcross, GA — Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging today announced Leica Photogrammetry Suite (LPS) Version 9.0. Aimed at high-volume production photogrammetry organizations, LPS 9.0 provides a more efficient means of editing seams for sizable projects that may involve a large number of images. This release also introduces Leica MosaicPro and makes available several innovative features, benefits and fixes. Updated versions of PRO600 9.0 and ORIMA DP for LPS 9.0 are also included with this release.
New features and enhancements in LPS 9.0 include:
• Improved auto-correlation during manual point measurement in the Stereo Point Measurement tool
• Seed DTM support in the Automatic Terrain Extraction module
• The ability to edit terrain extraction properties for all image pairs in the Automatic Terrain Extraction module
• CARTOSAT RPC model support
• Graphical view for tie point patterns in LPS Core
• APM success rate report
• The ability to create empty terrain datasets in LPS Core
“LPS 9.0 was designed to provide enhanced capabilities for effectively managing large-scale projects,” said Wendy Watson, Vice President Product Marketing, Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging. “With Leica MosaicPro, we are responding to our customers’ needs for powerful mosaicking tools that remain easy to use. Ultimately, these additions and improvements offer increased versatility, and users will benefit from more efficient digital photogrammetric workflows.”
This new mosaicking module features improved seam editing capabilities, enhanced functionality and improved radiometric adjustment abilities. With seam editing, image previewing and a streamlined user interface, Leica MosaicPro increases efficiency through a smooth process and improved functionality, which ultimately reduces project time.
Features and benefits of Leica MosaicPro:
• Easy use of polygonal seams to visualize the output mosaic
• New embedded viewer for rendering images and performing seam editing in a streamlined process
• Preview option that applies all settings for a selected preview area within the embedded viewer
• Streamlined user interface featuring all tools within a single toolbar
• New “Global Balancing” algorithm for optimal radiometric adjustment results
• New image selection and graphical display capabilities
• New “visible” column added to the cell array
• Optimized default settings
Features and benefits of PRO600 9.0
Enhancements to PRO600 include semi-automatic grid terrain dataset measurement in PRODTM; various snap-to-ground image correlation modes in the PROLPS driver; and ability to quickly hide and show stereo overlay graphics in the LPS ViewPlex.
Features and benefits of ORIMA DP for LPS 9.0
The updated version of ORIMA offers improved stability, and it includes the option to edit sigma a priori of control points, new options for image activation and point selection, and allows more efficient point measurement.
To learn more about Leica Photogrammetry Suite 9.0 and how it can increase productivity in high-volume production photogrammetry organizations, visit gi.leica-geosystems.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 770 776 3400.
About Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging
When building image-based maps, you need reliable measurements and solutions for your entire workflow. So when it has to be right, more geospatial professionals trust Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging, LLC to help them collect, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is powering geospatial imaging by putting precise imaging to work. Its broad array of photogrammetry and remote sensing software solutions capture data efficiently, reference imagery accurately, measure and analyze easily and present spatial information, even in 3D. Those who use Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging products every day trust them for their precision, their seamless integration, and their superior customer support. Delivering geospatial imaging solutions with precision, integration, and service from Leica Geosystems. When it has to be right.