Norcross, GA – Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging today announced the release of Image Analysis™ for ArcGIS V9.1 and Stereo Analyst® for ArcGIS V9.1. These image processing and stereo feature collection tools are designed exclusively for ESRI’s ArcGIS platform.
“Image Analysis and Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS equip GIS professionals with the powerful image processing and stereo feature collection tools they need to create and manage GIS content within the ESRI ArcGIS system,” said Wendy Watson, Vice President of Product Management and Marketing for Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging. “These new releases provide our customers with updated tools that are compatible with the current ArcGIS platform and further enhance customer workflows.”
Image Analysis for ArcGIS is an all-in-one solution for preparing and creating GIS-ready imagery from airborne sensors; extracting information from imagery; and analyzing imagery for the derivation of spatial and non-spatial information. Image Analysis for ArcGIS enables the GIS professional to extract up-to-date information from imagery directly into a multi-user geospatial database.
Image Analysis for ArcGIS features include:
• Single frame orthorectification of satellite and frame camera data
• Color balancing and mosaicking
• Supervised and unsupervised land cover classification
• Change detection
• Various vegetation indices such as NDVI
• Import and export support for a variety of formats
• Raster to vector conversion and vice-versa
• Access to a subset of the extension’s functions through ESRI Arc Toolbox
• Create oriented images for use with Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS
Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS is designed with a direct “image-to-map” approach. This stereo 3D feature collection tool enables users to create and maintain highly accurate GIS data and information. The first product of its kind built exclusively for a GIS, Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS gives multiple users the ability to create, update and store data directly in a geospatial database.
Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS features include:
• The ability to collect feature data as it exists in the real world directly into an ESRI Geodatabase
• Updating of feature datasets with 2D to 3D feature conversion tools
• Importing of Leica Photogrammetry Suite, ImageStation® Automatic Triangulation and SOCET SET® project file formats
• Support for oriented stereo data from various satellites
• Multiple geo-linked windows directly embedded in ArcMap (or can be docked in a dual monitor configuration)
• Support for multi-user topological editing of features (versioning) in a Geodatabase
• Support for CAD (DXF, DGN and DWG) formats
• Support for multiple ergonomic digitizing devices: Mouse-Trak, TopoMouse™ and Immersion Device
About Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging Division
When building image-based maps, you need reliable measurements and solutions for your entire workflow. So when it has to be right, more geospatial professionals trust Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging, LLC to help them collect, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is powering geospatial imaging by putting precise imaging to work. Its broad array of airborne sensors, photogrammetry and remote sensing software solutions capture data efficiently, reference imagery accurately, measure and analyze easily and present spatial information, even in 3D. Those who use Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging products every day trust them for their precision, their seamless integration, and their superior customer support. Delivering geospatial imaging solutions with precision, integration, and service from Leica Geosystems. When it has to be right. For more information about Leica Geosystems or its products and services, call +1 770 776 3400, toll free +1 866 534 2286, or visit www.gi.leica-geosystems.com.