Minneapolis, Minnesota – May 3, 2005 – SiteComp, Inc. has released Version 5.0 of its Survey and Civil/Survey software. These releases are Major Upgrades and include the following new features:
• Point filtering has been expanded to offer the naming of filters, saving of filters and the use of more than one filter at a time.
• User definable line connection codes and feature codes enable methods used in other programs to be added to SiteComp by the user.
• DWG and DXF importing and exporting continues to lead the industry with seamless compatibility from the current releases back to Release 14.
• DGN import and export has been greatly enhanced. SiteComp now transfers DGN files directly without the need for DXF conversion.
• Shape file import and export has been updated, and now includes the use of projection file to determine units.
• View, select and modify points in a new spreadsheet view.
• Multiple characters on a figure enables words and/or phrases to be added to a line.
• New options in parcel commands allows snapping to closed parcel and picking a parcel from a list.
• Vertical Design changes include the addition of a typical cross section report and the ability to change the offset of the slope intersection at a station.
Since 1978, SiteComp has provided the most advanced point-based software solutions for the surveying and civil engineering industries. Product improvements are based on customer input without changing formats or forcing costly upgrades and retraining.
To learn more about SiteComp Software products and services, click on www.sitecomp.net or call toll-free 1-877-771-7733.